All Plugin Files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro All Plugin Files quarantined

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Tony Payne
    Participant

Thanks.

My backup does not include themes/plugins, and these are excluded (I do believe) from the BPS autorestore files as well. My database should be intact however. Given this scenario, is it best to re-install WordPress, Themes and Plugins manually? I hope to work on this in a few hours, so trying to clarify things before I go ahead and make any changes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

All web hosts do an automatic file backup.  Log into your Host control panel and restore the folders/files you want to restore or restore all website files.  Takes about 5 minutes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually we have seen a few hosts that do not automatically do file backups.  If your Host does not do automatic file backups then send an email to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Ed has a script that does everything automatically.  We were going to include this in BPS Pro, but BPS Pro 8.2 now has several meaures to prevent this type of problem from occurring so the script is no longer necessary.

Tony Payne
    Participant

Hostgator does automatic backups… however I am over the number of nodes so haven’t had one for 2 weeks.  They only do backups weekly, and only up to a fairly restricted size of data too.

Having said that, I haven’t changed much in ages, so the site still ought to be ok, other than the latest plugin updates.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, files rarely change.  WordPress Database data (Posts, Pages, Comments, etc) changes constantly.  Worst case scenario you have to update some plugins again.

Tony Payne
    Participant

Oh well, looks like I have a plan for tomorow.

The backupwordpress plugin gives me my database backup daily by email, so I always have that.  The files get so numerous though, it’s hard to keep a full backup, unless I download them, which takes forever.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

…or send a temporary Admin login to the site to Ed edward at ait-pro dot com and he will restore all files from Quarantine with an automated script.

…or delete the empty /bulletproof-security plugin folder, reinstall BPS Pro and then go to Quarantine and restore all files.  If there are an excessive amount of files in Quarantine then you may not be able to restore all of the files at one time and will have to restore them 300 at a time.

Tony Payne
    Participant

Sounds like a better option, thanks.

Having had to restore sites before after they got horribly hacked I know what it’s like to get mismatched versions of things. It took ages to get those sites back, one reason for getting BPS Pro installed.

Tony Payne
    Participant

So far so good…

I uploaded BPS Pro from the zip file, re-activeted, and it shows the full quarantine log however only 1 file in quarantine.

I think the simplest thing to do is to re-install all the plugins manually as well as the theme (twentyfourteen).  I already did this for the theme and for Akismet and they went in well.  Hopefully all plugins have their settings in the database not stored as files, so everything ought to apply as it was.  It’s just frustrating having to delete the folders before re-installing, but no big deal.

I have cron turned off right now.  I think I will re-install WordPress just to make sure it’s all correct and nothing missing, then will install the remaining plugins.  Then delete everything in Quarantine, delete all the Autorestore files and re-save them, and make sure I take full backups and then turn cron back on and wait and see…

Tony Payne
    Participant

Looks like things are all good at http://www.delovesto.com other than now turning cron back on.  Going to make sure I have plenty of time and backups should things go wrong when I do…

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. BPS Pro really is excellent, and as always I can’t fault the support.

reborn
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

I installed and activated bulletproof pro and all my plugin files got deleted, even the installed bulletproof pro. I reinstalled bulletproof pro and all the other plugin files are in quarantine. I tried to use the ‘sort’ function to autorestore.  But non of the files are restoring (ARQ cron is off).

Also I read this http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#quarantine-sort

correct your AutoRestore Exclude rules on the Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache page before continuing to restore files from Quarantine.

I cannot find Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The “Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache page” page name has been changed to:  Exclude wp-content Folders.

Try restoring only 1 file from Quarantine and let me know if that file is restored or not.  You have a DSO Server type so there is a possibility that Ownership of folders and files needs to be fixed/corrected.

reborn
    Participant

I tried restoring 1 file and its still in quarantine, nothing happened.

I also got my host to change all ownership of the folders/files recursively under wp-content folder to be account ownership and it still does not work.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep.  The DSO setup that your host has done is probably not going to work.  I thought that would probably happen based on your forum topic reply here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/unable-to-install-plugins/page/3/#post-21775.

I will be sending you an email in a few minutes to work with you directly on this issue since it is going to be a very complicated and advanced host server configuration thing to figure out.

Anaimation
    Participant

Hi,

All my plugins have disappeared, I can see them all in the plugin folder from the FTP; apparently they have not been quarantined. They are all there but from my WP admin back-end I can’t see them. The last thing I did was to install the plugin “Sucuri”, nothing else, then I got the error message that WP didn’t find any plugins. I haven’t touched anything from the FTP to avoid further problems. Please advice me how to fix this step by step.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.