Error: PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code check

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Error: PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code check

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tapps
    Participant

when running the pre-install check i get the following errors.

PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code was found in your root .htaccess file, but was NOT found in BPS Pro Custom Code. Do NOT click the Setup Wizard button yet and instead click this Forum Link Add php.ini handler htaccess code to BPS Pro Custom Code for instructions on how to copy your PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code to BPS Pro Custom Code before running the Setup Wizard.

and

PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code was found in your root .htaccess file, but was NOT found in BPS Pro Custom Code. Do NOT click the Setup Wizard button yet and instead click this Forum Link Add php.ini handler htaccess code to BPS Pro Custom Code for instructions on how to copy your PHP/php.ini handler htaccess code to BPS Pro Custom Code before running the Setup Wizard.

i’ve clicked on the links associated with both of them, and NEITHER helped me at all. for example…

“To add your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code from your root .htaccess file to BPS Pro Custom Code do these steps below before running the Setup Wizard.

1. Copy your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code from your root .htaccess file to this BPS Pro Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE: Add php.ini handler and/or plugin cache code here”

ok. so… where is this located? copy what where? these instructions mean absolutely nothing to me. (other than making me extremely frustrated). there’s no links, screnshots or descriptions of where i find this stuff.. just jargon. can you PLEASE work at getting some instructions that are in plain english for this pro plugin? because this is not the first time i’ve been so upset and started having buyers remorse.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We have updated the Forum Topic and added additional help information for where to find your root .htaccess file to copy the php/php.ini handler code and where BPS Pro Custom Code is located.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/pre-installation-wizard-checks-phpphp-ini-handler-htaccess-code-check/

…Your root .htaccess file / code can be found here:  Click the htaccess File Editor menu link or B-Core menu link >>> click the Your Current Root htaccess File tab.  BPS Custom Code can be found here:  B-Core menu link or Custom Code menu link >>> Custom Code tab >>> Root htaccess File Custom Code accordion tab.  The htaccess File Editor tab and Custom Code tab are located next to each other in B-Core.

tapps
    Participant

ok. so i see the two areas now. it still doesn’t explain what i need to put where though. am i just supposed to copy all this text from one box and put it in another? and now with all this time spent trying to troubleshoot my upgrade to “PRO” i’ve had an apparent security breach.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your php/php.ini handler code will look similar to one of these examples below.  There are 1,000’s of web hosts worldwide and they all use different php/php.ini handler code.  You will be copying only the php/php.ini handler code from your root .htaccess file to Custom Code.

Your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code may not look exactly the same as the examples below, but it will look very similar to these general examples of PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code.

# GO DADDY PHPINI CODE
    AddHandler x-httpd-php5-cgi .php
    AddHandler x-httpd-php5-cgi .php5

# BLUEHOST HOSTMONSTER FASTDOMAIN PHPINI CODE
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5s .php

# JUSTHOST PHPINI CODE
    SetEnv PHPRC /path to file/

# COMPITENT PHPINI CODE
    SetEnv PHPRC /path to file/php.ini

# HOSTGATOR PHPINI CODE
    <IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    suPHP_ConfigPath /path to file/php.ini
    </IfModule>
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like for us to do this for you then create a temporary WordPress Admin login to this website and send the login information to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

tapps
    Participant

ok. thanks. i’ve created a temporary superadmin account for you on the site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your php/php.ini handler has been added to Custom Code and the Pre-Installation and Setup Wizards were re-run successfully.

# php/php.ini handler code
    SetEnv PHPRC /home/milwauke/public_html/php.ini

I was booted out of the site before I could finish adding additional Plugin Firewall whitelist rules.  I tested your site with a Proxy and these additional Plugin Firewall whitelist rules need to be added to the Plugin Firewall Whitelist text area.

/the-events-calendar/resources/(.*).js, /the-events-calendar/vendor/(.*).js, /events-calendar-pro/resources/(.*).js, /gravityforms/js/(.*).js, /wp-filebase/js/(.*).js

After copying these whitelist rules above to your Plugin Firewall whitelist text area, click the Save Whitelist Options button and activate the Plugin Firewall again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also I ran some scans and tests on your website since you mentioned a possible security breach.  No malicious code or suspicious files were found.

tapps
    Participant

alright. thanks. i think i got it. not sure why you got booted though.

thanks so much for your help!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It might have been caused by opening a separate Browser Tab to check the site with the Proxy since your site has additional login page protection that would probably detect 2 different cookies in use.

And since you have a Network/Multisite website then this will be significant for you.  BPS Pro 8.0 or 8.1 (most likely 8.1) will allow Network Activation of the BPS Pro plugin.  These BPS Pro menus below will be displayed on subsites.  This will allow subsites to use Login Security and JTC Anti-Spam per subsite (JTC Anti-Spam currently already works on subsites, but we are recommending that folks do NOT Network Activate the BPS Pro plugin at this time).  All other BPS Pro menu links will continue to be displayed on the Primary site only.

Login Security
    JTC Anti-Spam
    System Info
    Activation
    Whats New

John Webster
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I am having issues with the Pre-Installation Wizard. Following is a copy of what it is telling me:

I’ve checked out the video and the help docs, but find them not very helpful and very confusing. I am not a programmer. I would like to be able to install BPS on all of my and my clients WordPress sites. It sounds like the best plugin for combating hacker attacks. However, I need to be able to do the installs in an easy and efficient manner. If the installation process is too complicated, then I am afraid that I may not be able to use BPS.

My WordPress sites are hosted on SiteGround or Media Temple. It would really be great if you provided an easy way to get BPS installed and working on our WordPress sites. Your video has no voice over, and your docs are very technical. And you provide no phone support. Can you please help me?

I’m attempting to install BPS on one of my start up sites that has very little on it currently. Some of our WordPress sites are loaded with lots of pages, content, and plugins… and it is critically important to our clients that their sites do not go down and that they are kept secure and free from malicious code. If I am having so much trouble installing BPS on a simple WordPress site, it makes me very nervous about installing it on our clients more complex and important sites.

I sincerely appreciate any help that you can provide me.

Thanks, John

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ John Webster – Copying the php/php.ini handler code to BPS Custom Code is a very simple and quick thing to do so if the help documentation is not clear then that will be changed to make it more clear.  Go to the BPS Pro htaccess File Editor tab page >>> Your Current Root htaccess File tab >>> copy all of your root htaccess file code and post it in your forum reply so that I can give you step by step instructions on how to copy your php handler htaccess code to BPS Custom Code.

If the other sites are on the same host then the same step will apply to the other sites on that host.  If the other sites are on different hosts then this step may or may not be needed.  All web hosts do unique things specific to their servers with php handling/handler processing.

John Webster
    Participant

[all other non relevant htaccess code was removed/deleted]

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php56 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

Okay, I copied and posted a copy of my current Root Access file in my previous post. I had already pasted all of this code into the Root htaccess File Custom Code box and saved the Root Custom Code.

I have now received 4 emails (so far) that all say exactly the same thing:
    A file has been sent to Quarantine
    Total Number of Files Quarantined: 1

To view the file that was quarantined, log into your website and go to the BPS Pro Quarantine page. Click the Read Me help button on the Quarantine page for instructions on what to do next.

Site: http://woodsbaydesign.com
    Click the links below to get Bonus Custom Code or click the Dismiss Notice links…
    I believe that I want to install all of these protections… is that correct?

Thanks… this is the most complicated plugin I have ever used! Hopefully, I will get the hang of it and can continue to use it to solve my hacker attack issues. I’m willing to hang in there and give it a run for the money.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The initial setup of BPS Pro may require additional one time calibration/setup steps for some websites, but that is a one time thing.  If you would like for me to login to this site and set everything up then create a temporary WordPress Administrator login to this site and send it to info at ait-pro dot com.  I have a feeling that you may have added invalid custom code from the code you posted in your reply (the additional non relevant code was removed/deleted from your reply post).  Let me know if you would like for me to login and set everything up or if you need one on one help with multiple issues then let me know and I will send you an email to get the ball rolling on that.

Regarding the Bonus Custom Code, it is completely optional.  You can just dismiss all of those dismiss notices.  If at a later time you want to fiddle around with this then you can add some or all of the Bonus Custom Code.  Entirely up to you since this extra/bonus stuff.

The specific steps for your specific website and your specific php handler htaccess code that you posted above are: See the important note below first.

1.  Copy your php handler htaccess code:  AddHandler application/x-httpd-php56 .php .php5 .php4 .php3 to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Important note: the code you posted in your reply above that was removed deleted contained the generic/default WordPress Rewrite htaccess code (see example below). The generic/default WordPress Rewrite htaccess code should NOT be used in any BPS Custom Code text boxes since that WordPress Rewrite htaccess code is already included/incorporated in the standard BPS root htaccess code/file. If the generic/default WordPress Rewrite htaccess code exists in any BPS Custom Code text boxes then delete it first.

generic/default WordPress Rewrite htaccess code

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    armintz
    Participant

seem to be getting same error as the original poster. “The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.” site is using bluehost for hosting, php version 5.4.24. according to bluehost, phpini should be one of these:

The following handlers can be copied and pasted directly into your .htaccess file:
    # PHP 5.4
    # Use PHP5.4 as default
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54 .php

# PHP 5.4 Single php.ini
    # Use PHP5.4 Single php.ini as default
    AddHandler application/x-httpd-php54s .php

# PHP 5.4 FastCGI
    # Use PHP54CGI as default
    AddHandler fcgid54-script .php

i’ve tried adding all of these to my htaccess custom code (into the first box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE)… this followed by Activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode option. the issue persists. running bps pro pre-install + wizard isn’t showing any errors. any idea what’s wrong? site: http://tinyurl.com/hjvdpaz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.