How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can try and troubleshoot based on the only clue you have to go on in the error, which is whatever the wpnew_options database option is.  I believe that has something to do with your Theme or it could be a plugin, but not really sure.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/#post-8016

Krzysztof
    Participant

I wanted to check my sqlqueries and http://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-objects/

showed a few things related to BPS PRO:

WARNING: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:247 - file_get_contents(/home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/UPLOADBLOGSDIR/.htaccess): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    WARNING: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:5036 - file_get_contents(/home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/public_html/wp-content/.htaccess): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    WARNING: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:1715 - fileperms(): stat failed for /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/.htaccess
    WARNING: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:1716 - fileperms(): stat failed for /home/admin/domains/infolotnicze.pl/index.php
    NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:192 - Use of undefined constant UPLOADBLOGSDIR - assumed 'UPLOADBLOGSDIR'
    NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:245 - Use of undefined constant UPLOADBLOGSDIR - assumed 'UPLOADBLOGSDIR'
    NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:365 - Undefined variable: plugin_var
    NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:366 - Undefined variable: plugin_var
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Download the latest version of BPS Pro 6.5 from the Secure Download Area and install the zip file using the BPS Pro Upload Zip installer and you should not see these php errors any longer.  We noticed on some Servers that these php errors were occurring so additional checks were added.

Lys
    Participant

Hi & always thanks for your advice:

Still having trouble with server gone get function in wpnew_options  The php is showing no plugin using it currently Looking now & see that the string shows:

default_comment_status  CLOSED YES (a correct setting now.. as I have comments OFF)
    But this is confusing. String is also showing:
    comment_moderation  YES
    moderation_notify  YES

Question with this: Isn’t the moderation & notify on YES a problem in this string when the comments default status is closed? (turned off)

Thanks for your feedback.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

wpnew_options is not a standard WordPress database table or option.  Use the BPS Pro Pro-Tools DB String Finder tool to try and find out what this goes too or with.  DB Search String: wpnew_options.  Do the search results tell you anything?  Post the search results.  I have no idea about what you are saying regarding comments or moderation???

Lys
    Participant

When I look for wpnew_options in Search String or Search Path in BPS Pro String Finder here’s what it says:

FileSystemStringSearch Error: File/Directory does not exist But I see it listed in MyPHPadmin files. What is needed to fix this? Can I email over the location of the file?

Thanks again..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The String Finder tool searches files and the DB String Finder searches your DB (DataBase) so you want to use the DB String Finder tool instead.  phpMyAdmin is a database tool to view a database if that is what you are talking about.  Not really sure if that is what you mean.

Lys
    Participant

Yes.. thx… I’ve been looking at wpnew_options in the php db. Can’t seem to find what it goes with using DB String Finder.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Does the option contain any data or is it just blank.  if you are looking at your DB with phpMyAdmin then click the edit link/button and copy and paste any data that you see.

Maybe this option is some orphaned DB table option from some old plugin.  When I search Google there is no information about this option anywhere except for this Forum site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Never mind wild goosechase.  I just realized something.  The standard wp_options database table has been renamed to wpnew_options by something on your website – another plugin, maybe a backup plugin that restored the database like BackupBuddy for example and the database table prefix has been changed from wp_ to wpnew_.  That is really not that important.  In any case this takes you right back to zero because the error is a generic php error message that does not have any clues whatsoever.

Lys
    Participant

What is confusing is that the php table for wpnew_options is showing in two different schema tables

_newdb
    _final

Someone in tech support in my server host renamed my schema when I was tweeking site after migration in test mode was made in a subdomain, then switched over to the original domain.

At a glance looks like all BPS Pro files, etc, are showing in  _final (NOT in _newdb)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well here is the thing.  WordPress will only use the Database tables with the prefix that is set in your wp-config.php file.  the other duplicated database tables will be ignored.  So if you are wondering if just having duplicated database tables could be the problem then that is highly unlikely.

In any case, hate to say it but this is outside the scope of BPS Pro support and I would rather go to the Dentist and have all my teeth pulled out then to try and figure out whatever the issue is.  WP DB issues are a pain in the neck to figure out.  😉

rphrus
    Participant

I have a snapshot backup plugin installed but what does this mean below?

database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT option_value FROM rph_options
    WHERE option_name = 'wpmudev_snapshot' made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, WPMUDEVSnapshot->snapshot_remote_file_cron_proc, WPMUDEVSnapshot->process_item_remote_files, WPMUDEVSnapshot->load_config
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Could be nothing or could be important.  WordPress DB errors are very tricky to figure out.  It appears this has something to do with a remote cron so that is the first thing you would probably check in that plugin.  Also you can send php errors to the Plugin Author/Developer and ask them what they might mean.  If the error occurred intermittently then it could simply mean that the database query was not successful in that one instance some reason.  These DB hiccups can happen at any time randomly.

WPMUDEVSnapshot->snapshot_remote_file_cron_proc, WPMUDEVSnapshot->process_item_remote_files, WPMUDEVSnapshot->load_config

The general idea is this:

The important thing to note with php errors is that intermittent php errors are considered normal and repetitive or continuous php errors are not normal. So when BPS alerts you that a php error has been logged in your php error log, you want to take a look at the php error in your php error log and if it does not appear to be a serious problem or is just an intermittent php error you can then just click the Reset Last Modified Time in DB button to make the BPS php error notification go away.

rphrus
    Participant

I cleared the log and hit the reset last modified time in db but the alert notice is still on the dashboard

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.