How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Dipo Brazil
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I have the following PHP error logs showing on my wordpress. I am not very sure what to do,

Can someone please help

[BPS Pro htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log]

[28-May-2018 20:39:41 UTC] Aq_Resize.process() error: Image must be local: https://storage.googleapis.com/stateless-godslovechinekwe-net/2015/11/Ifit-cover.jpg
    [28-May-2018 20:39:41 UTC] Aq_Resize.process() error: Image must be local: https://storage.googleapis.com/stateless-godslovechinekwe-net/2015/11/Ifit-cover.jpg
    [28-May-2018 20:39:41 UTC] Aq_Resize.process() error: Image must be local: https://storage.googleapis.com/stateless-godslovechinekwe-net/2015/08/1_vertical.jpg
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Dipo Brazil – Please read the first post in this forum topic to get a general idea of how the BPS Pro PHP error log works and what to do when you see php errors occurring for other plugins.  These PHP errors are related to the WP-Stateless plugin or the EWWW Image Optimizer plugin that you have installed.  Please send these PHP errors to the WP-Stateless plugin author or the EWWW Image Optimizer plugin author so that he/she can fix whatever is causing these php errors in their plugin.

unregsg
    Participant

Sorry to ask another question today, it’s pretty much the last thing I need to set up my webpages (hopefully) bulletproof. 😉

My “Error Log Path Seen by Server:” is empty. But I don’t really know why. My php.ini (in root) has:

log_errors = on
    error_log = *myfolders*/www/php_error.log

I can edit the php.ini anyway I like, but the server doesn’t see the error log path. I also have a .user.ini files in my wordpress folder, just in case.

Edit: I just realized that I have a problem with the php.ini Handler:

PHP Version: 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7
    PHP|php.ini Handler: A PHP|php.ini Handler was Not found in your Root .htaccess file.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: Click the View PHPINFO button on the PHP Info Viewer page to get this path.
    Loaded Configuration File: /etc/php/7.2/cgi/php.ini

php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: (Displays the file paths below if files were found)
    A Custom .user.ini file was found: /{myfolders}/wordpress/.user.ini
    A Custom .user.ini file was found: /{myfolders}/wordpress/wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/.user.ini
    A Custom php.ini file was found: /{myfolders}/wordpress/wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/php.ini

disable_functions: The ini_set function is Not Disabled

wp-config.php File: The wp-config.php file was found in the website root folder.

Error Log Path Seen by Server:
    PHP Error Log Location Set To: /{myfolders}/wordpress/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To: /{myfolders}/wordpress/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Website Root Folder: {mypage}/wordpress
    WP ABSPATH: /{myfolders}/wordpress/

Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

Zend Engine Version: 3.2.0
    Zend Guard Loader: A Zend Extension is Not Loaded
    FastCGI: Unable to detect whether FastCGI is in use. Check your web host control panel to see if FastCGI is in use.

How do I solve this correctly? Anyone an idea?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ unregsg – Try using:  php_error.log (note: just add the log file name and do not add a path).  If that does not work then try using:  error_log.

Or you could add the BPS Pro recommended PHP Error Log path on the PHP Error Log page in your .user.ini file here:  /{myfolders}/wordpress/.user.ini

unregsg
    Participant

Using php_error.log and error_log didn’t change anything, unfortunately. (error_log was the default setting by my hosting provider).

How do I add it in .user.ini? Just with the same line (error_log = {recommended path})? I tried that, too. But still, the server doesn’t see anything.

(What’s weird: Another wordpress installation in a different folder does have a visible “error log seen by server” line, but my two other wordpress installations don’t)…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ unregsg – Try editing your php.ini file under your /wordpress/php.ini folder and add:  error_log = /path/to/the/bps php error log file.

unregsg
    Participant

Just as a confirmation: Adding the error_log in .user.ini and placing it in my wordpress installation, use that same path in BPS Pro, wait a little, did the trick. Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ unregsg – Great! Yeah I should have mentioned that it could take up to 15 minutes for the new .user.ini config settings to take effect. On Dedicated and VPS hosting you would need to reboot your server for the .user.ini config settings to take effect.

Margaret
    Participant

Hi, I just updated my php and am getting an PHP error log that says the following:

PHP Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home2/mkukuc/public_html/wp-content/themes/vega/lib/custom.lib.php on line 1063

plus other PHP errors.

Not sure what to do.  Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Margaret – The php error is occurring in your Vega Theme.  Send the Vega Theme php error to the Vega Theme author to get a solution.

Margaret
    Participant

I thought you might say that.  It’s a theme that is no longer supported. 🙁

It doesn’t seem to affect the site right now, can I ignore it?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A PHP Warning error can be ignored if it is not actually causing any problems.

PHP Error Types/Levels/Severity
    Strict – PHP will suggest making changes to the code which will ensure the best interoperability and forward compatibility of the code.
    Notice – Run-time notices. Indicate that the script encountered something that could indicate an error, but could also happen in the normal course of running a script.
    Parse – Compile-time parse errors. Parse errors should only be generated by the parser. Indicates a syntax error in the code.
    Warning – Run-time warnings (non-fatal errors). Execution of the script is not halted.
    Fatal – Fatal run-time errors. These indicate errors that cannot be recovered from, such as a memory allocation problem. Execution of the script is halted.

Margaret
    Participant

Thanks!

Kristy
    Participant

Here’s what I’m getting this morning after updating the Gravity Forms plugin and receiving error notifications from clients last night:

[01-Apr-2022 14:40:16 UTC] PHP Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for /home/***/.htaccess in /home/***/***/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/lock/flock.php on line 330
    [01-Apr-2022 14:40:16 UTC] PHP Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for /home/***/index.php in /home/***/***/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/lock/flock.php on line 359

Any ideas on what I can do to get our pages opened back up?  Now, BPS is requiring people to log in to see our calendar, but then giving error message that they can’t view the page – unauthorized access.  I’m going through the troubleshooting steps and Security Log is stating that it is an uploads error?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Kristy – I believe these are separate issues and problems.  The BPS Pro File Lock feature is obsolete.  I recommend that you change this option setting > BPS Pro > File|Folder Lock > File Lock Override > to File Lock Override Off.

Copy and paste a Security Log entry that shows what is being blocked.

If you would like for me to login to this site and figure out the problems then send a WordPress Administrator login to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.