WP Fastest Cache setup

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Fastest Cache setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

I put fastest cache code to htaccess https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-wp-fastest-cache-usable-with-bps-prevent-russian-spam-registrations?replies=9#post-6055611.

What happened?

1. My site always run to internal server error. I cannot enter into admin either.
    2. When I deleted htacess file as desribed in http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting
    3. Within 1 minute, the autorestore replaced the htaccess file, so I still could not enter to my site, receiving internal server error.
    4. I deleted htaccess and deactivated BPS Pro from the wp_options table. Then I very rapidly changed auto-replace to 60 minutes.
    5. I deleted the WP fastes cache code from htaccess.

Please give me a tested and good code for using WP fastes cache, or tell me which cache modul can be compatible with BPS Pro.
    Thank you in advance
    Zsolt

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-white-screen-frequently-with-caching-plugin-wpfc?replies=5#post-6275419

The WP Fastest Cache plugin has been tested and these are the steps below to add the WP Fastest Cache htaccess code to BPS Custom Code:

The WP Fastest Cache plugin does use htaccess code to do Browser and Gzip caching.

1. Make sure your root htaccess file and wp-config.php files are NOT locked first.  If you have locked files in F-Lock then unlock both the root htaccess file and the wp-config.php file.  Or if you have only locked the root htaccess file on the BPS htaccess File Editor tab page then click the Unlock htaccess File button to allow WP Fastest Cache to write to your root htaccess file and create its htaccess code in your root htacces file.

Note:  If you have BPS Pro installed then you would also need to unlock the wp-config.php file if it is locked in F-Lock and then deactivate and activate the WP Fastest Cache plugin before doing Step 2.

2. Choose your WP Fastest Cache settings: I do not recommend that you use any of the Minify or Combine option settings. In my personal experience automated minification is not a one size fits all thing and should ONLY be done manually by manually combining scripts.

3. Copy all of the WP Fastest Cache htaccess code that you see in your root htaccess file. Example: # BEGIN WpFastestCache to # END WpFastestCache and # BEGIN GzipWpFastestCache to # END GzipWpFastestCache to this BPS Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE

4. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    5. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.
    6. Lock your root htaccess file again by clicking the Lock htaccess File button on the htaccess File Editor tab page.

Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

I did exactly what you said. I know these forum topics. I tryed not once. Not working. Would you tell me what is the best procedure in the case when custom htaccess code trigger internal server error? As i said I was unable to change htaccess file via FTP, because the autorestore. And I cannot enter into the admin panel. This is not the first time, that I wrote errornous htacess code. In BPS free, is was easy to change htaccess via FTP.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh ok I misunderstood the issue/problem.  You can either use the BPS Pro Xternal Tools Form to deactivate AutoRestore|Quarantine and delete your root htaccess file:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/  or you can do these manual steps below to stop AutoRestore|Quarantine from autorestoring your bad root htaccess file:

1. Use FTP or your web host control file manager and delete these files:
    Delete this file first: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/auto_.htaccess
    Delete your root htaccess file next: /.htaccess

Log back into your site and go to Custom Code and delete the Fastest Cache htaccess code in BPS Custom Code, click the Save Root Custom Code button.

Do the Fastest Cache setup steps again that are posted in this forum topic above. If the same problem happens again then either you are copying invalid Fastest Cache htaccess code to BPS Custom Code or your host server does not allow some of the Fastest Cache htaccess code to be used on your host server.  If the same problem happens again then post your Fastest Cache htaccess code that you are copying to BPS Custom Code in your forum topic reply so I can look at the Fastest Cache htaccess code.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.