LiquidWeb custom php.ini file setup

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro LiquidWeb custom php.ini file setup

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Can you tell me what PHP.INI file type I should use for LiquidWeb hosting, please?

If I do as the instruction say and use the ini_set Options, should a php.ini file be created? I hit 1. Save and then 2. Enable options. Then I go to the PHP.INI File Editor tab looking for my php ini file and nothing is there. I’m looking to do, say, the following recommendation from the PHP.INI Security Status tab, “The disable_functions directive is not in use or is commented out in your php.ini file. Uncomment the disable_functions directive by removing the semi-colon from in front of it.”

I have to be honest with you. It probably takes me more than an hour clicking buttons in the pro version to get stuff setup. Reading instructions that refer to other instructions. Isn’t there an easier way for this to get setup, or for this to be organized?

Setting up the firewall is just very complex, and while I want to get that item checked off in the notification area, I just can’t get through it. Can you recommend another firewall that might not be as robust as yours but it will be at least something I could use.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

First Off, LiquidWeb hosting does NOT allow you to lock your root .htaccess file.  Do NOT lock your root .htaccess file in F-Lock and then go to the BPS htaccess File Editor tab page and click on the Turn Off AutoLock button

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#root-htaccess-file-lock

Custom php.ini setup has become very complicated and complex since the release of PHP5.3.x.  Custom php.ini files are not a one size fits all like .htaccess files are.  There are literally 1,000’s of different possibilities so no one in their right mind would ever attempt to completely automate this.  It would be an ongoing task that would be ever changing as the 1,000’s of web hosts around the World with unique php.ini requirements change those unique requirements.  Also PHP itself keeps changing so add another 1,000 more possibilities in ongoing tasks – not going to happen and no one is stupid enough to attempt this.

No need to read this entire post link below, but just taking a glance at it gives you an idea of the complexity of the issues with PHP5.3.x and higher versions of PHP.

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/4349/misc-projects/wordpress-tips-tricks-fixes/php5-3-x-php5-4-x-user-ini-file-does-not-work-known-php5-3-x-user-ini-fastcgi-wordpress-zend-issue/

LiquidWeb is not list in the BPS Pro Web Host list, but PHP5.3.x now negates most of these web host setup steps anyway.

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/3576/bulletproof-security-pro/custom-php-ini-faq/#web-hosts-list

Ok so the first thing you need to do is run the Diagnostic Checks/Recommendations tool on the P-Security PHP.ini Options page.

If your PHP version is PHP5.3.x or above then click this link below and follow the instructions in that Forum Topic.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/custom-php-ini-file-setup-php5-3-x/

If your PHP version is PHP5.2.x then click this link below and follow the instructions in that Forum Topic.  You will be copying the custom php.in setup questions and sending an email to your web host support folks to get their specific and unique custom php.ini requirements for this host or they will tell you that they do not allow you to create a custom php.ini file for your website.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/request-to-have-host-added-to-the-custom-php-ini-web-host-list/

Regarding ini_set Options Setup:

ini_set Options does NOT create a custom php.ini file or any additional files.  ini_set Options adds ini_set options code to your wp-config.php file.  The status of ini_set Options is displayed on the ini_set Options page ONLY.  ini_set Options are an alternative to creating a custom php.ini file or can be used in addition to creating a custom php.ini file.  You may or may not be able to create a custom php.ini file on your web host for all of the reasons I have posted above regarding your custom php.ini questions and what your Host tells you can or cannot do on your website/their Servers and of course what version of PHP your Server/website is using.

Regarding BPS Pro Setup time:

A Setup Wizard in BPS Pro 6.0 is just about completed.  It will do everything/entire setup with 1 click with the exception of creating a custom php.ini file.  Time frame for the BPS Pro 6.0 release date is 7-1 to 7-5.

Regarding setting up the Plugin Firewall:

Use the cURL Multi page scanning tool to get Plugin Scripts to add to your Plugin Firewall Whitelist text area.  You will find a link to the cURL Multi page scanner under the Additional Whitelist Tools accordion tab.  It is a much simpler tool to use.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.