Litespeed image optimisation issue

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Litespeed image optimisation issue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

Hi,

We have an issue where the litespeed image optimisation is not working.

We installed litespeed as per the directions that bulletproof gave we it noticed us activate the litespeed plugin.

We have white listed the QUIC.cloud servers that perform the optimisation in wordfence.

We have a support topic here where the litespeed tech has suggested this issue is due to a security setting:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-optimisation-not-working-5/

Do we need to make extra exclusions in bulletproof when using QUIC.cloud servers to perform the image optimisation?

Many thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

See this forum topic > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/whitelist-quic-cloud/#post-43567  Recommendation: Deactivate the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall feature.

I’ve never seen a service like this state that they will randomly change their block of IP addresses. Most services like this have a set list of IP addresses that will never change for obvious reasons. Are you adding the QUIC cloud IP addresses in the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall whitelist tools? If so, then the simplest solution would be to turn off/deactivate the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall feature.

Looking at the capabilities of QUIC cloud it will offer comparable WAF firewall protection in place of the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall. So you would not be losing that protection since QUIC cloud would be handling that instead of the Plugin Firewall feature.

Ian
    Participant

Hi,

We actually already had the firewall disabled, as it caused a conflict with something in the past, so something else must be effecting this.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked your site and you are using js minification in the LightSpeed cache plugin. js minification is known to break many things. Try turning off js minification in LightSpeed.

Ian
    Participant

Hi,

Is this something I need to do in Bulletproof? If so what would I need to do?

<title>Bot Verification</title>

this is some kind of bot verification measure , you need to disable it for REST API

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It looks like your web host made some changes on your server that briefly fixed things > https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-optimisation-not-working-5/page/2/#post-17770043

Ian
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, when cloudflare deactivated StackProtect it briefly worked.

Now we get this issue:

xxx@xxx:~$ curl -i -XPOST -d "test" https://walking-football.com/?rest_route=litespeed/v1/notify_img
    HTTP/2 403
    date: Wed, 29 May 2024 17:00:22 GMT
    server: Apache
    content-length: 318
    content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
    x-via: LHR6

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>403 Forbidden</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Forbidden</h1>
    <p>You don't have permission to access this resource.</p>
    <p>Additionally, a 403 Forbidden
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
    </body></html>

I asked cloudflare to check stackprotect was still disabled and they confirmed it was. They also said:
    "Thank you very much for your patience.

It looks like there is something in the .htaccess which is blocking this

When curling just the site I'm also getting a 403 Forbidden error, however, once everything has been removed from the .htaccess file the CURL works

As such I would advise looking into what has been set in the .htaccess file for the site."

So could this now be something to do with a bulletproof setting in the htacess file?

Thanks
    Ian
    Participant

I asked cloudflare to check stackprotect was still disabled and they confirmed it was. They also said:
    “Thank you very much for your patience.

It looks like there is something in the .htaccess which is blocking this

When curling just the site I’m also getting a 403 Forbidden error, however, once everything has been removed from the .htaccess file the CURL works

As such I would advise looking into what has been set in the .htaccess file for the site.”

So could this now be something to do with a bulletproof setting in the htacess file?

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster
    Ian
    Participant

Hi,

When I went to add the code, I noticed we already have that in there.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I need to see the Security Log entry that shows what is being blocked.  Go to the BPS Security Log page and post the Security Log entry that shows what is being blocked.  Note: The BPS Security Log logs all 403 errors whether or not BPS is blocking something.  Example: If ModSecurity or some other security feature on your web host is blocking something then the BPS Security Log will log that block.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.