Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    jenni101
    Participant

thought you’d appreciate that! – hope that didn’t put your blood pressure up too much?

I’ve used your recommended bonus custom code + redirect to www and https site. But an excellent recommendation just to double check what I have actually got in my custom code, thanks.

I’m sure that there’s somewhere in the BPS admin that you can show all the custom bonus code options – like to turn on the reminders again that show up when you first install it, but i can’t find it anywhere – can you tell me where i can find the initial list?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It gets old, but I am used to incompetence – it is everywhere – so no big deal to me.  S-Monitor >>> Reset|Recheck Dismiss Notices

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks for that – just couldn’t see it for looking! All sorted now.

hindssites
    Participant

How do I make changes in the wp-config file. It seems that any changes I make in it, BP does not allow them. All I want to do is change the password for my data base. Simple I would think. Turn off ARQ, change the user data base password, open up wp-config file and update the password there. However, WordPress can no longer connect to the data base and I have to go back and reset everything to what it was before so I can log in.

So can someone please tell me how to change the wp-config database password with BulletProof Pro running?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ hindssites – See this forum topic for the AutoRestore procedural steps when manually modify website files:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps  Also if your wp-config.php file is locked with 400 file permissions you need to unlock it in F-Lock or manually by changing file permissions to 644.

Paul
    Participant

Until today i have had no issue but today i have 403 Forbidden Error Page when accessing admin. With BPS Pro what is the best way to do this bearing in mind the checks being done for altered files?

Removed Now ok

# CUSTOM CODE BRUTE FORCE LOGIN PAGE PROTECTION
    # BRUTE FORCE LOGIN PAGE PROTECTION
    # Protects the Login page from SpamBots, HackerBots & Proxies
    # that use Server Protocol HTTP/1.0 or a blank User Agent
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/wp-login\.php|.*wp-login\.php.*)$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} HTTP/1\.0$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PROTOCOL} HTTP/1\.0$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F,L]
    Simone
    Participant

Hi,

I’m Locked out of my wordpress account!…..I renamed the /bulletproof-security to /__bulletproof-security, tried to login again and with all the attempt of changing my password via Cpanel I am still locked out. Please if someone could help me solve this issue.. I have read blogs article but am a little tentative to follow all these confusing direction as I am a learner driver.

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What exactly does “locked out of my WordPress account” mean?  Was your User Account locked by BPS Login Security?  If so, then renaming the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder is the older method to allow you to login to your site.  The newer method as of BPS Pro 10.5 is to use the BPS Pro XTF Tools:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/ but it does not sound like the problem is related to or being caused by BPS since renaming the BPS plugin folder did not change anything.

Chris Moon
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi,

I changed MySql tables prefix name using the “replace table prefix function” in phpMyAdmin and altered the config.php file too but BPS Pro locked me out. I’ve imported the original DB and the site is fine again, but my question is what do I need to do in BPS Pro when changing my DB table prefixes?

regards,
    Chris

Chris Moon
    Participant

Woops forget my question just discovered there is a DB table prefix changer included. What a toolbox BPS Pro is !!

Living Miracles
    Participant

As we understand it, adding an individual file to our site will automatically get recognized by ARQ and the file will be quarantined (at which point we could autorestore the file to permanently add it to the protected files on our site). However if we need to add a folder, we can turn off ARQ, add the folder, click the appropriate Backup Files button on the ARQ Settings page, and turn the ARQ Cron back on.

On the Add|Exclude page there’s a distinction made between WordPress and non-WordPress folders/files that seems to indicate that the processes mentioned above wouldn’t work for non-WordPress folders/files. Can you give an example of what would be considered a non-WordPress folder or file and how would we know when we would need to use this Add|Exclude option in place of the processes mentioned in the first paragraph?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are adding new files or folders manually you want to follow the “AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Correct Usage” steps in this forum topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/  Click the “Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files” Read Me help button on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page.  I believe the Read Me help button has the answers to all of your questions and there are also examples in that help info.  If you have any additional questions after reading the Read Me help text then let me know.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Yes, we do have one additional question. Here is our current understanding of the system:
    WordPress files = Anything that can be added/edited from within the WP Dashboard (ARQ handles these files/edits automatically).

Non-WordPress files = Anything uploaded via FTP. When uploading via FTP, we would simply follow the “AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Correct Usage” steps to add the files to ARQ (we would obviously want to do this as quickly as possible to minimize ARQ downtime).

If we’re following the “Correct Usage” steps for any newly uploaded files, the “Backup” button would automatically include/backup the newly uploaded files and secure them with ARQ, regardless of where they are. If this is the case, then it seems there is no need for an “Add” rule from the “Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files” page. If this is not the case, then there must be a specific reason for an “Add” rule, but we have read through the “Read Me” file and can’t seem to make sense of what it could possibly be. Any further clarification would be greatly appreciated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

NOTE: WordPress Folder and Files means WordPress Core, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes folder and files. non-WordPress Folders and Files means any folders and files that are not related to WordPress such as 3rd Party applications or other files that are not directly related to WordPress.

Think of AutoRestore|Quarantine like an exact copy of all files that you want to monitor, which is exactly what AutoRestore|Quarantine is and does. So you want to turn Off AutoRestore when you are adding new files or folders, after you are done adding new files and folders you want to make backup copies of all of your files and folders and turn AutoRestore back On. So what you have is a backup mirror image of all good folders and files so that AutoRestore|Quarantine can check good backup files against current live website files.

AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Correct Usage
    AutoRestore|Quarantine (ARQ IDPS) is a real-time file monitor that monitors all of your website files for any changes. When manually uploading files with FTP or manually modifying files or folders on your website follow these simple procedural steps to avoid having those files autorestored and/or quarantined. If files are sent to Quarantine then use the Restore File option in Quarantine to restore those files. ARQ is amazing, but it cannot tell who you are if you are manually modifying files or folders outside of your WordPress Dashboard – that is not possible.

1. Turn ARQ Off on the AutoRestore page.
    2. Manually upload files or manually modify/edit files or folders.
    3. Click the appropriate AutoRestore Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button.
    4. Turn ARQ back On.

Maybe you did not see this help information below directly on the page?  The Read Me help goes into additional explanation about the different specific options and how to use them, but Adding Folders & Files is simply exactly what is stated below next to the Add Folders & Files tool.

Add Folders & Files Use:
    You can add additional non-WordPress folders and files (ONLY) that you want to have checked and protected by the ARQ Cron. Click the Read Me help button for examples.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Ok, so from the explanation above, it sounds like the “Correct Usage” instructions apply to any scenario we can think of involving the uploading of non-WordPress folders/files and making sure they’re protected by ARQ. However, as you mentioned, the Add Folders & Files area allows us to add additional non-WordPress folders/files under the protection of ARQ. Is this just an alternate method? Why not just use the “Correct Usage” steps for all non-WordPress files, always?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.