Error: Minor Plugin Firewall Code Correction Needed

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Error: Minor Plugin Firewall Code Correction Needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Moon
    Participant

Whenever I update BPS Pro a “Minor Plugin Firewall Code Correction Is Needed”. Is it possible the plugin firewall settings could be permanently saved so a manual adjust wasn’t necessary after updating?

regards,
    Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oops that was supposed to be fixed in 10.7, but I see that the Scheduled Task was rescheduled by mistake.  This Task/BugFix will be fixed/completed in 10.8.  Cause:  Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode gets the contents of this file:  /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/plugins.htaccess to create/recreate a new /plugins/.htaccess file when the AutoPilot Mode Cron check is run.  When upgrading WordPress plugins all plugin files are removed/deleted and new plugin files are added/created.  The new /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/plugins.htaccess file that is added/created during the BPS Pro upgrade contains the development server’s IP address and domain name.  Solution:  Automate this particular scenario in the PFWAP Cron check to automatically create/replace the server’s IP and domain name in the file on BPS Pro upgrade.

guy te watson
    Participant

Getting a “B-Core ~ Htaccess Core Security” “Error: Minor Plugin Firewall Code Correction Needed.”  Error Again.  The plugin firewall htaccess file will not enable no matter how many times I go through the process of enabling it.

I tried to find a “Enable htaccess files on the Setup Wizard Options page” like I was told last time and can’t find it. How do I get this to stop happening so I don’t have to waste time getting this error a lot. It is happening a lot on several domains

In Christ
    guy te

Edit:
    ——–
    I Solved the Problem by Deactivating and Deleting BPS Pro and Reinstalling it with New Download of BPS through the “BPS Pro Download” tool Link online at the BPS Main Site. When I installed this new version the Enable HTAccess selection was available, but when updating the old version of BPS Pro on blog it never updated to this new version with the Enable selection in the Setup Wizard Options. But I forgot the copy any custom codes I may have had in the “Custom Code” section. Would these codes have been deleted when I deleted BPS and reinstalled or would the still be in the database when I reinstalled?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ guy te watson – The “Minor Plugin Firewall Code Correction Needed” check and error message no longer exists in current versions of BPS Pro.  This check was phased out about a year ago and was turned into an auto-fix that fixes itself automatically.  The Setup Wizard Option: Enable|Disable htaccess Files was created in BPS Pro 11.8.  So what that means is you had an extremely old BPS Pro version installed since you were seeing the “Minor Plugin Firewall Code Correction Needed” check and error message and you would not see the newer Setup Wizard Option: Enable|Disable htaccess Files if you had an older version of BPS Pro installed because it did not exist yet until it was created in BPS Pro 11.8.

Here are some basic things about BPS Pro that are important to know.
    1. You should never need to uninstall BPS Pro to troubleshoot or to fix any problems. When you uninstall BPS Pro your BPS Pro settings are deleted. If you do uninstall BPS Pro then you would want to export your custom code before deleting BPS Pro and then import your custom code after you reinstall BPS Pro.
    2. You should use the BPS Pro troubleshooting steps here to troubleshoot or fix any problems: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting
    3. You can reinstall or manually upgrade BPS Pro using the BPS Pro Upload Zip installer under the BPS Pro Setup menu > Upload Zip Install submenu. When you use the BPS Pro Upload Zip installer it installs new BPS Pro files and your BPS Pro settings are not changed or affected.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/

You can recover your Custom Code DB option settings that you deleted by getting them from a recent Database backup before you deleted BPS Pro. Do you have recent Database backup? If so, then send that DB Backup zip file to: info at ait-pro dot com and I will extract your Custom Code DB Settings from the DB Backup zip file that you send to me and I will send your Custom Code back to you.

guy te watson
    Participant

I sent the email with the db in it per your instructions

Thanks for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ guy te watson – Here is your Custom Code:

1. Add this code below to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE

Addhandler cgi-script .py .pl .cgi

2. Add this code below to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]

# RewriteRule for Custom Apps outside of WP
    RewriteRule ^kiwipanal/ - [L]

3. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    4. Go to the Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.