EventOn WordPress Event Calendar – Event and map are not displayed

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro EventOn WordPress Event Calendar – Event and map are not displayed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

Hi,

i use the EventOn plugin.

[url removed per request]

And i have a strange behaviour with this plugin and i do not know why this happens. Maybe you could take a look as it possibly is a conflict with bps pro…

So the problem is that an event should open with its info box when i click it. Or a map should be displayed as an overview.

When i open up the page for the first time after the laptop booted nothing happens when i click on an event. Also the overview map is not displayed.

Then when i log in as admin, reload the frontend page – then all is working fine. And also on another pc where it also did not open before, then it works, when the page is reloaded! (On the second pc i did not log in).

Even when i am logged out again, then is still works on both (and other) Pc’s.

So i do not understand where the problem comes from.
    Here are the links:

I can not reproduce this behaviour. …even when i turn the pc off and reboot then all works fine. But i tested 3 days in a row and it never worked the first time i tried in the morning. I also did a firewall check and the curls but there was nothing new.
    Hope you have a hint.
    Thanks Simon

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This sounds like it could be a Plugin Firewall issue.  Do the standard BPS Pro troubleshooting steps in the link below to confirm, eliminate or isolate which BPS feature is blocking this plugin.  Check your BPS Security Log for any log entries related to the EventOn WordPress Event Calendar plugin and post that log entry.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

simon
    Participant

Allright i dit that and looked at the Log Files. what i found was several like these:

/eventON/assets/js/jquery.timepicker.js

Also some of buddy press. All these which wer not yet in the Plugins Script/File Whitelist Text Area i added there. Was that right? I will check out tomorrow if that solved the problem. Thanks so far!

But why could this not be detected in the test mode? And could you please edit the first entry and delete the urls! Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Plugin Firewall Test Mode is obsolete and is pending deletion from BPS Pro.  If the cURL scanners are unable to find plugin scripts to whitelist due to something on your website preventing the cURL scanner from finding those plugin scripts then the Plugin Firewall Test Mode tool will also NOT be able to find those plugins scripts.  A much better way to check your site is shown in the video tutorial link below.  You can check your site at any time using a Proxy and would not have to wait until tomorrow to check your site with a Proxy.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#security-log-firewall

Manually adding plugin scripts to the Plugin Firewall

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/plugin-firewall-read-me-first-troubleshooting/

Checking Your Security Log For Plugin Scripts To Manually Add To The Whitelist
    If a plugin script is being blocked by the Plugin Firewall then a Security Log entry will be made and you can manually copy the plugin script path found in your Security Log to the Plugins Script/File Whitelist Text Area.  An Example of a Security Log entry for a plugin script that needs to be manually Whitelisted is shown below.  You would copy this plugin script path – /bbpress/bbp-theme-compat/js/topic.js – to the Plugins Script/File Whitelist Text Areaclick the Save Whitelist Options button and click the Plugin Firewall BulletProof Mode Mode Activate button.

simon
    Participant

So, i did exactly what was told in the video.

Took all the thinigs from the log files to the white list. saved, created new file and put the firewall on again.

Then i checked again with the proxy but it was still blocked. In the Log file i then had no new logs…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A Proxy is ONLY used to check if any new Security Log entries are being logged in your BPS Security Log.  Most things will display correctly when viewing your website with a Proxy, but a lot of things will NOT display correctly.  So a Proxy should ONLY be used to check for errors and log entries and not for visual appearance or functionality.  Re-post your links again so that I can check your Calendar plugin.  After you have posted your links you can delete them by re-editing your post.  We will receive the email notification of your post with your links in that email notification.

simon
    Participant

With a click on a event it should open the description. On the second link there should be a map
    http://www.weisselilien.de/christine-salopek/
    http://www.weisselilien.de/lilien-live/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked both sites and the event descriptions and maps are displaying correctly.

simon
    Participant

Perfekt, then i hope this problem is solved. Learned for future problem. Thanks!!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, this is a permanent thing.  If you want additional confirmation that the Calendar plugin is working correctly then ask another person from another computer with a different IP address to check your Calendars on these sites.  Or if you have a mobile device with a different IP address you can also check that way yourself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.