500 server error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro 500 server error

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I do not see any invalid htaccess code, but the file you posted was a BPS free root htaccess file and not a BPS Pro root htaccess file.  Send an FTP login and a WordPress Administrator login to this site to info at ait-pro dot com so I can see what is causing the problem.

Living Miracles
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi,

Not sure this has anything to do with BPS Pro, but today I noticed that the /wp-admin is inaccessible on one of my sites. The front-end of the site works fine, and even the /wp-login.php is accessible. However, when I actually enter login details, I get the following error:

The spirit-of-love.net page isn’t working
    spirit-of-love.net is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

I also use an app called ManageWP which monitors my WordPress sites for me and today it’s showing this error for that website:

Fatal Error (E_ERROR): Cannot redeclare _filter_query_attachment_filenames() (previously declared in /home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data01/56/3488256/html/wp-includes/post.php:6204) occurred in wp-admin/includes/post.php on line 1169. Please make sure that your website is accessible.

Any idea what could be happening here? None of my other sites are affected by this same issue.

Thank you so much for the help!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Living Miracles – Is this a Go Daddy Managed WordPress hosting website (GDMW hosting is a special type of Go Daddy hosting and is not a standard Go Daddy hosting account type)?  If so, I believe GDMW hosting controls/forces WordPress Automatic Updates and does not allow you to control WP Automatic Updates.  Also any time you post in the forum and you have a GDMW hosted site then you need to tell us that. GDMW hosting is a different type of animal unlike any other animal on the planet.

Check your AutoRestore|Quarantine log file here:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt to see if any WordPress 4.7.1 files were quarantined.  If WP files were quarantined then see this forum topic for the steps to fix the problem:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-4-7-major-problem-arq-automation-no-longer-works/

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you! Yes, this is GDMWP hosting. I’ll make sure to mention that in my future posts. I checked the autorestore_log.txt and it does indeed look like there are some 4.7.1 files in the quarantine. So, I’ll try going through the steps to get the site functioning again.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi, the steps above aren’t working on my GDMWP site. I’m unable to reupload the quarantined files because the files currently on my site are all set to 444 permissions (read only). I’m unable to change the permissions on those files. Any idea how I should proceed?

Thank you!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Living Miracles – This is probably some kind of limitation/restriction on GDMW hosting.  Like I said before – GDMW hosting is a different kind of animal unlike any other animal on the planet.  What you are probably going to have to do is a file restore if that is possible to do on GDMW hosting.  If you cannot figure out how or where to do that with GDMW hosting then you will have to contact GDMW hosting support so they can do that for you.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you! Ended up calling GoDaddy because restoring from backup didn’t work either; they had to restart the WordPress core update. Everything is working now.

Max
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    On my site http://www.willam.ch and http://www.slouch.ch I encounter a simple “HTTP ERROR 500”. They are both wordpress and hosted by different hosts and with different themes. I can’t access the site nor the wp-admin. I can FTP.

I already tried to comment \.htaccess

#Options
    #DirectoryIndex

and I tried to delete the .htaccess file. This has no effect. As this immediately started after the last BPS update, I think that there might be a cause and effect.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Max – Did you only upgrade BPS Pro or were you also updating other things around the same time > WordPress, other plugins, your theme?  How did you upgrade BPS Pro > WordPress Plugins page > update now link?  Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and send me these BPS Pro log files:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log and /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt.  Send the log files to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Important Note: If you have BPS Pro 12.8 or higher versions of BPS Pro installed click this link for quickier and easier steps to fix quarantined files problems: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/. BPS Pro 12.8+ versions automatically deactivate/turn ARQ Off when the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder is renamed instead of having to use the BPS Pro XTF Form Tools to deactivate/turn ARQ Off.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.