Blocking Plugin JavaScript

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Blocking Plugin JavaScript

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Jon

Have just re-added it to the whitelist and that appears to have solved the problem. No longer comes up, my security error log notification has finally cleared, AND it puts the BPS tabs back where they should be! Odd one… :S

Jon

Sorry, only just seen your last message. Will undo my changes and give that a try. Nope to having the firewall test mode open in any way. Will try a cold restart momentarily and let you know how it goes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If clearing all your caches – Browser and plugin cache – does not work then I would like to login to your site and see why this is happening.  The BPS js script is only a backend loading js script and does not load on the frontend of your website so if an error is being triggered then it has to do with the backend of your website, which is odd.  If the error is still occurring then create a temporary WordPress Admin login account (please create a very secure password – Example:  h#$*r673!@hGe#b8*!) and send the login to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Thanks.

Jon

All done! Managed to remove the whitelist event for /bulletproof-security/admin/js/bulletproof-security-admin-2.js without incident, even before the browser refresh/logout. Have logged back in and everything seems great.

Gave the firewall test mode another bash, but unfortunately that’s still not working, for whatever reason. Will have to have a look and see if I’ve got a conflict somewhere, but I’m pretty sure that W3TC’s minify settings are off.

Either way, trying to activate it didn’t cause anymore problems or a recurrence of the security error, which I take to be a good sign.

Thanks so much again for all your hard work. You rock! 😀

Jon

Odd that I needed to enter it into the whitelist in the first place to set things straight, but hey ho! Things are all puppies and sunshine again now, so I’m not going to worry 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ah I missed that you were minifying scripts.  Yes, this is a known problem that will cause the Plugin Firewall Test Mode to fail/not work.

See this Forum Topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/plugin-firewall-read-me-first-troubleshooting/

Jon

I don’t THINK I’m minifying scripts, but it’s possible I’ve missed one of W3TC’s default settings, so I won’t rule it out! Either way, I can sort things out manually on the whitelist now I know what I’m doing.

Really useful/extensive thread! Thanks for the link. Gonna bookmark and clip that! 🙂

Jon

Nope. It’s done it again… 🙁

This time it’s brought some friends.

I don’t know what’s going on, but clearly something isn’t right. It’s gone mental!

Was all working fine a minute ago. Tried to upload a couple of pictures with NextGen Gallery, which were caught by the quarantine. Went in to add an exclusion rule for the gallery folder. Clicked the save 1 button, then save 2, then save 3. Crashed my website.

After a couple of minutes it was back up, but with the old /bulletproof-security/admin/js/bulletproof-security-admin-2.js error, a new PHP error, and the quarantine has now blocked EVERYTHING. All my plugin data, background, everything. Have so far had 181 email alerts about the Autorestore/quarantine… As such the website is very buggy and at times refuses to load due to missing files, such as:

W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /var/sites/l/lazulicreations.com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php.

I’m just about to try and remove the cache so I can get back into the admin area and setup a new account. I’ll email you the details. If you could take a look and see if you can figure out the problem I’d really appreciate it.

Jon

Have sent the username/password, as requested, but none of my plugins are working. It says they’ve all been deactivated as files are missing, including BPS.

If it’s blocked its own files where do I need to go to restore them? How do I get things out of quarantine without access to the WordPress interface?

Jon

652 emails… :S

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a totally different problem.  AutoRestore is not setup correctly on your website.  Either you have created incorrect exclude rules in AutoRestore or you did not click the Backup Files buttons before turning AutoRestore On.

Restore your website files ONLY (not your WordPress Database) from a backup and then read this Forum Topic so that you understand what AutoRestore/Quarantine is and how it works before turning AutoRestore back On.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#autorestore-quarantine

Or restore your website from a backup and create a temporary WordPress Admin login account and send the login to info at ait-pro dot com and we will setup AutoRestore and add exclude rules on your website.

Or watch the Video Tutorials here before turning AutoRestore back On.

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2841/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security-pro-overview-video-tutorial/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have recieved the temporary login and will restore your plugin files from quarantine.  Please disregard the above post about restoring your website files.  Thanks.

Jon

Lol. Thanks. Will do.

I was just about to ask how I go about doing that without access to my plugins in WordPress admin. Good job you’re on the case! I should never be allowed near technology again!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep after logging in I see that even BPS Pro was sent to Quarantine.  LOL.  No worries.  Please delete the old empty /bulletproof-security plugin folder so that I can reinstall BPS Pro again in order to restore files from Quarantine.  Thanks.

Jon

LOL! Kudos on creating a program so vigorous it has the ability to quarantine itself! XD

At least once we get it working properly I’ll never need to worry about security again! It’s so bulletproof it removed the bullets from its own gun, just to be safe! XD

Empty folders deleted.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.