Uninstall and Reinstall BulletProof Security Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Uninstall and Reinstall BulletProof Security Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof
    Participant

I was trying to install BPS Pro a while ago, and would like to give it a shot once more. What should I do to have a clean start? Should I remove something from my server or BPS will override the leftovers with everything new?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro is designed with built-in Turn On/Turn Off/Deactivate capability to turn everything off so the BPS Pro plugin does not really need to be uninstalled or deactivated for troubleshooting.  You can have BPS Pro installed and have everything turned Off so this would have the same thing effect as uninstalling BPS Pro, but actually gives you full control of isolating a problem area since you can turn each security feature on individually.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

A new BPS Pro installation and setup video tutorial for 5.8/5.8.1 can be found here
    http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2841/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security-pro-overview-video-tutorial/

Krzysztof
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response.

I had it allmost fully set up but there are some backupf files as I saw in BPS Pro folders and I was wondering if they fill be wiped and new ones will be put in there when I will try to install it again?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No, BPS Pro does not automatically delete the Backup Files on plugin uninstallation to prevent potentially catastrophic results.  AutoRestore has these built-in options to give you full manual control of what you want to do:  backup files, delete backup files, restore backup files, show backup files and show website files.  These AutoRestore tools/options/buttons are not automated and will always be and MUST be full manual control.  Automation could potentially have disasterous/catastrophic results.

Krzysztof
    Participant

So should I manually clean the instalation via ftp before installing BPS Pro again? I have a new theme and a new set of plugins so the differences are big 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you still want to uninstall BPS Pro, which is completely unnecessary, then click this link below and look at the Uninstall/Removal steps.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Uninstall/Removal:  To completely uninstall BulletProof Security Pro you would do steps 2, 3 and 7 above (if you have setup P-Security ini_set Options then go to the P-Security ini_set Options page and click the Reset/Remove Options button) and then deactivate and delete the BulletProof Security Pro plugin on the WP Plugins page.

NOTE: To delete AutoRestore backup files go to AutoRestore and click on the Delete Backup Files buttons.

Krzysztof
    Participant

It’s probably my bad English 😉

I have tested it in february, and uninstalled and went back to free version but all the files on ftp are there (the backup as i saw them). Now I want to start from scratch and i do not know if those leftovers will couse problems during the whole process. I hope that now I made it more understandable.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are asking if you can manually delete the the AutoRestore Backup Files instead of installing BPS Pro and using the built-in BPS Pro AutoRestore Delete Backup Files buttons to delete these backup files, then the answer is yes.

FTP to your website and delete all of the AutoRestore Backup Files in this folder – /bps-backup/autorestore/

armintz
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    How do I completely remove BP Pro and all traces (don’t worry I will be adding it at a later time, just need to eliminate it temporarily).  I keeping seeing instructions that say this:

2. Use the Delete wp-admin .htaccess feature on the Security Modes page.

However, I don’t see any reference to deleting the wp-admin in the Security Modes page – just deactivating it… is this what it means? Just want to be sure before I go playing with settings that I’m not 100% sure about.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ armintz – This forum topic is over a couple of years old so some things have changed since this forum topic was originally created.

BPS Pro has built-in troubleshooting – all BPS Pro features can be turned On or Off for troubleshooting:

To completely uninstall all traces of BPS Pro:
    1. Do a normal plugin deactivation and uninstall on the WordPress Plugins page.
    2. Manually delete this BPS Backup folder here: /wp-content/bps-backup/

“Use the Delete wp-admin .htaccess feature on the Security Modes page.” means deactivate wp-admin BulletProof Mode, which deletes the wp-admin htaccess file.

armintz
    Participant

thanks

Lloyd
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    As the title says, I need to completely uninstall BPS Pro. There is no option shown on the WP plugins page to uninstall BPS. Deactivating the plugin does not work.

The main issue is that I need to completely remove the database associated with BPS Pro. For some reason it is conflicting with backupbuddy and causing errors on import. I am certain of this because I tried to import single SQL files and BPS associated table are the ones causing the issue.

I do not have access to PHPadmin for the database because it is hosted on a schools server. Please tell me how I can go about uninstalling BPS Pro <u>completely</u> from within the WP admin dashboard.

I will be back during office hours to reply.

Thanks in advance.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Lloyd – normally you would turn off AutoRestore before restoring a site from a backup and then run the Setup Wizard again after the site has been restored.  Or if you are restoring everything: DB and files then most likely you would just need to turn off AutoRestore since after the site is restored then the restored site would be in the exact state it was in from the backup.

Sounds like something went south with your BPS Pro installation if you are not seeing deactivate and uninstall options on the WordPress Plugins page (if this is a Network/Multisite site then you would uninstall BPS Pro in the Network Admin Dashboard).  Use FTP and manually delete the /plugins/bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.  Then reinstall BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer.  Then just turn off AutoRestore before restoring the site or if you want to uninstall BPS Pro then do the normal plugin deactivation and uninstall on the WordPress plugins page.  If this is a Network/Multisite site then do the normal plugin deactivation and uninstall on the Network Admin Dashboard WordPress plugins page.

Lloyd
    Participant

Turns out it was a different plugin – AIOS. The MySQL import didn’t like one of the databases it was generating for some reason.
    I used “WP-DBManager” to delete the associated databases and the import worked.
    Thanks for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Glad you got it sorted out.  FYI – Export = create a DB Backup and Import = restore a DB Backup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.