Uninstall and Reinstall BulletProof Security Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Uninstall and Reinstall BulletProof Security Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ adam tracksler – You would do a normal plugin deactivation and uninstallation.  To reinstall BPS Pro you need to use the WordPress Plugin Upload Zip installer.  If you try to upload the bulletproof-security folder that will not work and will most likely trigger the BPS Pro anti-piracy protection built into BPS Pro to prevent copying BPS Pro files.  You may also want to consider restoring your site from a backup instead of uninstalling and reinstalling BPS Pro.

To completely uninstall all traces of BPS Pro:
    1. Do a normal plugin deactivation and uninstall on the WordPress Plugins page.
    2. Manually delete this BPS Backup folder here: /wp-content/bps-backup/

Alex
    Participant

Hi I followed your steps to remove bulletproof security however it still manages to show up. The reason we removed it was because we updated CSS files but they still didnt show the updates after upload. I am not sure if this is because of Bulletproof security or something else but i cant eliminate BPS if it is still somehow showing even if i followed steps to remove all traces? This is the link to the screen shot. Also does it sound familiar that CSS would not update? It is odd but i just thought i would check incase you had heard of this issue.

https://ibb.co/jd7yov

Kind regards

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Alex – As of BPS Pro 12.8 a BPS must-use file is created in your WordPress mu-plugins folder that checks if BPS Pro has been deactivated or the BPS plugin folder has been renamed or has been deleted.  This BPS must-use file is independent/separate from the BPS Pro plugin.  BPS Pro does not need to be deactivated or uninstalled for troubleshooting.  BPS Pro has built-in troubleshooting capability:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting  The problem you are describing sounds like an AutoRestore|Quarantine procedural problem where the files you were manually uploading were quarantined.  Please see the AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide forum topic to get a general idea about what ARQ is and how it works:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

Alex
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying that one. I used this method just because i knew how to do it already, but i will checkout the other method. We did find the file in the quarantine, and then restored it but it still only shows an old version like it didn’t restore it. The file will go in place and if i open the file again using FTP it is the updated version but while inspecting the front end it doesnt show our updates, its very confusing, i checked with our dedi server team and there is no server side cache and we removed the cache plugin from the WP install also. So we are currently stumped. We updated the theme and it resolved this issue for a short while but then the next time we uploaded the file, clicked to restore, then it wasnt updated again so i am not sure what to test next as i dont know what the cause is. We also tried to update the file in the wp editor but that didnt update the front end either.

Kind regards

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Alex – Any time you are manually changing files that have anything to do with CSS or js you need to clear/delete your Browser cache.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.