JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

JTC is literal as far as the tooltip goes it’s literal meaning that whatever you type in for the password is literally the password itself.

JTC ToolTip:
    This is the jQuery ToolTip message that is displayed to users when they hover or click on the CAPTCHA text box. This is where you will tell your users what they need to enter for the CAPTCHA. It can be a phrase, complete this sentence, a Hint or simply just Type/Enter: xxxxx or you can get as creative as you want to get with your jQuery ToolTip. Randomness is what makes a CAPTCHA very effective. JTC is designed with CAPTCHA randomness capability as one of its primary features.

Laurent
    Participant

Sorry, it looks like I wasn’t clear enough. I faced a problem when I entered the sequence of words that I defined to be the captcha.

Let’s say the captcha I defined in BPS is [my password] without the brackets.

When I wanted to log in from my mobile, I typed [My password] (with a capital M) BECAUSE my phone had automatically locked in the capital key for the first letter.

I’m sure some users will be confused because they will think they have entered the right password (when in fact they have not).

Does that make sense?

Which is why I thought that if the field could accept both version [my password] and [My password], it would solve the problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well I think I explained it fairly well in my previous forum reply.  ie literal means literally literal.  😉

Laurent
    Participant

Sorry that’s a French to English understanding problem.

What do you mean by literal? And why do you refer to the tooltip?

I mean if I put “Enter [my password] or [My password]” as a tooltip but that the text field does not accept the two versions, it won’t help.

EDIT: do you mean that I should add in the tooltip “Beware of not using capital letters”? I think it’s not the most friendly way of dealing with it and it makes the tooltip pretty long.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah thought a language barrier thing might be going on. 😉 In layman’s terms, the way the JTC options work is whatever you type into the JTC option settings text boxes are literal meaning > Caps or other characters that you type in are case sensitive.  ie c does not equal C.

Laurent
    Participant

Got it ;-). But my initial question was more like: could you extend the existing functionality?

Or do you think it could cause a security problem (not sure why it would) or be too complicated to handle because of the way you built it?

karnaahai
    Participant

I activated JTC-Anti spam on login form, but after logout i can’t login cause of Incorrect Captcha.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ kamaahai – Use the steps below to login to your site and fix the CAPTCHA.  If the problem is still occurring then list any other plugins that you have installed that do something on the Login page.  ie other login or login security plugin, membership plugin or theme.

Use FTP or use your host control panel file manager tool and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /__bulletproof-security/.
    Rename the /__bulletproof-security/ plugin folder back to /bulletproof-security/.
    Go to JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker and add/enter the CAPTCHA that you want to use. Be sure to enter the same CAPTCHA value in both the JTC CAPTCHA and JTC ToolTip text boxes.

karnaahai
    Participant

Got it ;-). But my initial question was more like: could you extend the existing functionality?  install vidmate

get-mobdroapk.com

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ kamaahai – Not going to try to answer the question because you don’t have BPS installed on your website.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.