JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    One of my login page is under attack. Hackers cannot get in, I cannot either. I am locked out. As soon as lock-out time expires, the robot tries again and comes another hour lock-out. How can I log in during this attack? Another thing I don’t understand: I have a special ID (not admin), which has no post at all. The robot had found that ID. Is it possible to hide one security ID totaly so that robots cannot try to sign in with it?

Thank you for your support in advance!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Zsolt Edelényi – Typically enabling JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker is all you need to do to stop/block all automated Brute Force Login attempts and prevent user account lockouts.  Do you have JTC turned on/enabled?

Vastidious
    Participant

I thought I had it enabled and went back and found it wasn’t. I have enabled it and I believe it’s doing a great job now. I did not get any messages this weekend that it was locked out. I went and looked at the logs (I did enable them to see if they were capturing anything) and they had numerous hits. So I appreciate that. I am going to keep tweaking as I can but it’s much better than it was prior to fixing that issue.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Glad to hear that.  We decided to automatically enable/turn on JTC in BPS Pro 11.6, which will be released very soon.  This will not affect you in any way and will affect new BPS Pro users when they run the Setup Wizard for the first time.  Previously we were not automatically enabling JTC because some members/membership plugins/themes conflicted with JTC since members/membership plugins/themes take over Login processing, but we figured out a solution for that situation.  😉

Chris Moon
    Participant

Hi,
    My WP-Admin is protected by a captcha and I’ve had all my passwords logins etc stored on RoboForm2Go on a USB which has now gone belly up. I have recovered the username and password but can’t find the captcha used ( I kept the hover function empty for extra security). How do I either recover the captcha or bypass it?
    regards,
    Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Chris Moon –  you can use one of these BPS Pro troubleshooting steps here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF):
    BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) Guide
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) Video Tutorial
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#xternal-tools

Note:  As of BPS Pro 11 the BPS Pro Xternal Tools Form can now also be used as a stand-alone form by copying it to your website root folder. If you want to reinstall BPS Pro using XTF and turn Off/deactivate AutoRestore do the steps below:
    1. Unzip the bulletproof-security.zip file on your computer.
    2. Upload the xternal.php file from the BPS zip file to your website root folder.  The xternal.php file is located here:  /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php
    3. Go to the Xternal Tools page in your Browser: example.com/xternal.php.
    4. Select the Turn Off|Deactivate AutoRestore|Quarantine (ARQ) XTF Form option and click the Submit Xternal Tools Form button.
    5.  Use the Reinstall BPS Pro plugin files tool to reinstall BPS plugin files.

If you are unable to use the XTF Tools then just do the old school method – use FTP, rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder, login, rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name back to its name and correct the problem.

Chris Moon
    Participant

Thanks, once again I’m indebted to your outstanding support.

Walter Tengler
    Participant

Hello,

I did enable the jtc tooltip and then no more photos were displayed on the slider of the page. The browser errorwas as following: “(index):676 Uncaught TypeError: $(…).tooltip is not a function” Disabling the tooltip for all except the admin login did resolve the problem. Is there a fix?

Thanks
    Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Walter Tengler – This sounds like some kind of complex plugin conflict that I need to login and see what is going on instead of trying to troubleshoot this in the forum.  Please send a WP Admin login to this site to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Walter Tengler
    Participant

Hi,

unfortunately I can not login anymore into admin area. I enter the captcha but I always get the error “Incorrect CAPTCHA Entered.” Even when I disabled the bulletproof plugin by adding an underscore before the plugin “_bulletproof-security” it still asks for the captcha. What can I do?

thanks
    Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Walter Tengler – Are you sure you are renaming the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder for the correct website and not another website?  Try clearing your Browser Cache to see if this is caused by cached Browser cache.  Are you using a caching plugin?

Walter Tengler
    Participant

mail is on the way.
    Thanks
    Walter

Walter Tengler
    Participant

Thanks to the quick help. Mostly my fault. The plugin works great!
    Sorry for that and thanks again
    Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so the secondary problem of not being able to login was just a boo boo with entering a different tooltip instead of making both the captcha and the tooltip the same value.  I used BPS Pro XTF Tools:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/ to deactivate JTC externally in order to be able to login, but I also had to manually delete the Plugin Firewall htaccess file and the /xternal/.htaccess file via FTP in order to get to the /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php script.

The original problem is a very complex problem just like I thought.  The root cause of the problem is one of your theme’s js scripts and I have isolated that .js script to this one:  /xxxxx/xxxxx/html/test/wp-content/themes/BookYourTravel/js/scripts.js.  Something in this theme .js file is causing a chain reaction of other problems between the BPS Pro JTC Register Form option and code, which then causes your Slider to break.  I have downloaded your theme to try and isolate the root coding problem/mistake further.  Once I have the exact problem code isolated, I will post that information so that you can contact your theme author and refer the theme author back to this forum topic for a reference of the exact problem code that is the cause of the problems.

And for now I have just unchecked the JTC Register Form option so that the chain reaction of other problems does not occur due to whatever the root cause of the code in your theme .js file is doing to break things.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok at this point I have abandoned trying to setup the Book Your Travel Theme.  While the help documentation is very good, the Theme is too extensive to setup for testing.  Ie it would take days to configure this theme for testing.  So I think the best thing to do at this point is what I consider a workaround solution and that is simply to leave the JTC Register Form option unchecked and not use it.  Luckily your Login page and Password Reset Forms are still protected by JTC and your Theme is not interfering with/breaking those pages/Forms.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.