Migrating, Moving or Cloning Websites

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Migrating, Moving or Cloning Websites

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    growitsolutions
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if I could just confirm how you know AutoRestore and the plugin Firewall are actually off?

Regards

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

In the BPS Pro Dashboard Status Display, AutoRestore will display “Off” and the Plugin Firewall will display “Off”.  Each feature in BPS Pro has individual On/Off capability so that you turn things On or Off individually.  Also I updated my previous Reply in this Topic with additional information:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/#post-20407

growitsolutions
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for your help – cloner now works fine.  I wasn’t sure if it would be best to re-run the setup wizard or simply switch AutoRestore and Plugin Firewall back on?

Thanks again

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Wizards can be re-run at any time and will retain your old saved settings and update any new settings that need to be updated.  In the step by step instructions for the second method of NOT having to uninstall/reinstall BPS Pro you would NOT have to re-run the Wizards again and instead you would be using the manual controls on the AutoRestore page and the Plugin Firewall tools section.  So re-running the Wizards would not be necessary, but it would also not hurt anything to re-run the Wizards.  The Wizards are designed to be re-run over and over and at any time.

jenni101
    Participant

Hi,

Very useful info above, but I have one question: Would all the above steps (for BPS Pro) be the same if i’m moving a wordpress site from a sub-directory to the root? Or would it be better to save all the custom code/whitelist rules and then delete BPS pro before moving, and then do a clean BPS pro install again once it’s moved and I’ve sorted out all the urls as needed?

Not urgent, just so I can plan ahead.

Many thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If anything changes with your website domain URL then you need to request a new Activation key for the website.  The BPS Pro Activation key is your website domain URL encrypted.  AutoRestore|Quarantine, the Plugin Firewall and the root htaccess file do things that are website specific so the basic idea is that you want to turn these things Off/deactivate them and after you do the migration/move you want to run the Wizards again and everything will be setup correctly based on your new site parameters.

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks – and good reminder about the new activation code!

Krzysztof
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Hello!

I would like to move a few of my sites to a new server. Could you please provide me with the needed steps to do that? On the old server the sites are all set up with BPS Pro and working OK. Should I just turn BPS Pro off before moving them and then do the quick setup wizard again?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Krzysztof – See these methods you can do/use for migrations/moves:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/#post-20407

alexb
    Participant

One of my domains got deindexed in Google but instead of rebuilding the site from scratch on a new domain, I thought it would be much faster just moving all website files into a new domain folder and changing the old URL to the new one in phpmyadmin so that the same site with same content etc. works out of the box, just on a new domain.

Would BPS Pro work flawlessly or would I have to deinstall it completely before doing the domain change and then reinstalling it again? I’m worried that the ARQ might be allergic to the new URL, or that PF rules won’t work anymore etc.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ alexb – See this reply in this same forum topic for various methods of doing moves and migrations:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/#post-20407

Alex
    Participant

Hi,

So i am a bit confused on how to tackle this one. I have been given a site backup with bulletproof security on, when i upload it and then change the config.php settings so that it reads the database from the new server it works, then restores the old config file, breaking the site, it does this before i can un quarantine the file. So not sure how to get around this?

Thanks

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Alex – See the beginning of this forum topic for several different methods you can use to do migrations/moves/cloning.  To fix the current problem that is going on do these steps in this exact order.

1. Upload your wp-config.php file to this AutoRestore folder:  /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/wp-config.php
    2. Upload your wp-config.php file to your WordPress root folder.
    3. Login to your website.
    4. Run the Pre-Installation and Setup Wizards again.

john
    Participant

Hello,

I have the problem with may pages
    i did on the old site

1. Turn Off AutoRestore
    2. Turn Off/Deactivate the Plugin Firewall.
    3. Turn Off Folder Lock on the F-Lock > Folder Lock tab page > Folder Lock Cron Check On|Off (Folder Lock On|Off): > Turn Off Folder Lock Cron.

the dashboard, everything is gray
    https://picload.org/view/rroogarg/1.png.html

regards

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ john – It looks like you need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key for the new website.

• If you change your domain URL in any way then request a new BPS Pro Activation Key. Domain URL changes would be changing your domain name, moving your website to a new folder/URL, changing HTTP to HTTPS, changing your Domain prefix from www to non-www or vice versa.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.