Migrating, Moving or Cloning Websites

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Migrating, Moving or Cloning Websites

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    john
    Participant

Hello,
    i have only migrate the domains to a new server, all the same url. what can i do? the dashboard complete gray.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ john – Ok then try reinstalling BPS Pro using the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip Installer.  BPS Pro Setup main menu > Upload Zip Install:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/

john
    Participant

All in the WP Dashboard is gray only i see the Menubuttons left.
    I have the folder bulletproof-security under plugins deleted and the interface and wordpress works.

bulletproof re-uploaded and activated under plugins, again all gray

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ john – Are you using the WordPress Plugin Upload Zip installer to re-install BPS Pro?  Do these steps in this order:

1. Use FTP and delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.
    2. Re-install WordPress by going to Dashboard > Updates > Re-Install Now button.
    3. Deactivate all of your other plugins on the WordPress Plugins page.
    4. Use the WordPress Plugin Upload Zip installer to install the bulletproof-security.zip file. Make sure you have a current BPS Pro version zip file.  The most current version of BPS Pro is 12.2.

If you are able to see the WordPress Plugins page then activate your plugins one by one and refresh the WordPress Plugins page after activating each plugin to see if another plugin is causing the problem.  If you are not able to see the WordPress Plugins page at this point then send a WordPress Administrator login to this website and and FTP login to this hosting account to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

john
    Participant

Hello,

I did it, delete /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder, reinstall wordpress and deactivate all other plugins.
    And install BPS Pro 12.2 then all gray I think I’ll get me a different security plugin, i have many sites with this problem after migrate to another server.

thank you for your time

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ john – Ok, but I believe the problem is either that you did something wrong with however you did the migrations or wherever you migrated the sites to (new server, etc) is the root problem.  Logically if BPS Pro was working fine before you did the migration and BPS Pro is no longer working after the migration then the root cause of the problem is either the migration itself or wherever you migrated the site to.  Example: Let’s say you got a new web host and you migrated all of your sites to that new web host and that web host is listed as one of the 3 incompatible web hosts here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-compatibility-check-upgrading-from-bps-free-to-bps-pro/  Then the root cause of the problem would be an incompatible web host.  You are assuming that BPS Pro is breaking things on its own and not considering that something else is breaking BPS Pro, which is then causing the blank pages problem, which is most likely what is occurring.

john
    Participant

Hello,

I changed 3 entries in the database under wp_options
    The New Server Path example on bps_error_log_location
    Then activate BPS Pro
    After that Setup Wizard -> Pre-Installation Wizard -> Setup Wizard

All works, thank you 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ john – Great! Good job on figuring out the solution for this problem.

Jan
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I have changed hosts on my website where everything is protected with BPS.  I need to change the DB name and I forgot to change it before I moved the files to the new host.   What happens is that I manually change the db name and I can get logged in but then the wp-config file gets quarantined.

I could move the files with the changes made to wp-config, but I was afraid that all of the files would get quarantined if I deleted the files and then moved in the files from the other host.

How do I get around this?

Thanks.
    Jan

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jan – See these migrating, moving and cloning site recommendations here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/#post-20407

Or you can do these manual steps if you do not want to do another site move/migration.

1. Download your wp-config.php file to your computer.
    2. Make the changes/edits you need to make.
    3. Upload your edited wp-config.php file to this folder:  /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/wp-config.php.
    4. Upload your edited wp-config.php file to your WordPress installation folder.
    5. Login to your site and run the Wizards again.

Jan
    Participant

Thank you.  The manual steps is what I needed since I forgot to turn ARQ off before I moved it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jan – Great! 😉

Jenn
    Participant

Hi,

I’m wanting to replace a site with BPS Pro set up with a site that doesn’t have BPS Pro set up and then put BPS Pro on that new site (copying a different website into the original domain and then securing it). Is it OK if I just install the plugin again on the new site and follow normal setup procedures or do I have to use the activation key from the old site because it’s using the same domain?

This issue is urgent and a quick reply would be truly great!

Thanks much!!

Jenn.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, just do a new BPS Pro installation, but before you get rid of the old site you probably want to go to BPS Custom Code and Export your Custom Code so that you can Import your Custom Code on your new site after you install BPS Pro on the new site.  If the domain URL is exactly the same then you can use the same Activation Key.  If the domain URL is not the same then just request a new Activation Key on the BPS Pro Activation page.

malcolm
    Participant

I’m struggling to reactivate BPS after moving the site and installing free SSL certs. I moved in a hurry and didn’t turn the auto restore off. I’ve tried deleting the plugin and reistalling the plug in but it rewrites the wp config file to the old host details.

Is it possible to just delete the plugin and the back up files and just start again?

regards

malcolm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.