Migrating, Moving or Cloning Websites

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Migrating, Moving or Cloning Websites

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ malcolm – BPS Pro AutoRestore|Quarantine is not rewriting or modify the wp-config.php file. What is happening is AutoRestore|Quarantine is autorestoring a backup copy of your original wp-config.php file that was previously saved in the AutoRestore backup folder here:  /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/wp-config.php. To fix this situation do the steps below.

1. Edit your new wp-config.php file with the new DB connection information for your newly migrated site.
    2. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and upload a copy of your newly edited wp-config.php file to the the AutoRestore backup folder: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/wp-config.php. Choose to overwrite the existing wp-config.php file.
    3. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and upload a copy of your newly edited wp-config.php file to your WordPress root installation folder. Choose to overwrite the existing wp-config.php file.

By doing these manual steps you will have matching wp-config.php files in the AutoRestore backup folder and your WordPress root installation folder so that AutoRestore will detect that the files match exactly and AutoRestore will no longer autorestore the known good backup copy of your wp-config.php file from the AutoRestore backup folder.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ malcolm – If you need additional non-BPS help with installing SSL certs then I’d be glad to help you out with that. If the SSL certs that you are installing are Let’s Encrypt SSL certs then take a look at the video tutorial link below and the ZeroSSL site > https://zerossl.com/free-ssl/#crt.

The second video tutorial is much better than the first one > https://www.stevenz.science/obtain-certificate-with-lets-encrypt/

Here the general basic steps that I use as a guide for Let’s Encrypt cPanel SSL Cert installation:

Create the CSR in cpanel > SSL/TLS > Certificate Signing Requests
    Note: you either need to specially use www. for the domain name or use wildcards. Example: www.ait-pro.com or *.ait-pro.com.
    Note: If you have multiple subdomains add all the site’s domains in the CSR window.
    Copy the CSR into the window on the zerossl.com site.
    Click next.
    Download the file and upload it into each site’s: .well-known/acme-challenge/ folder for each individual site.
    Then click the Verification links. If everything is good click the Next button.
    The actual SSL certification is created and you download it to your computer to use in cPanel.
    Go to cPanel > SSL/TLS > Install and Manage SSL… > click the Manage SSL sites link.
    Select the domain in the Domain dropdown. Use the www domain option only and not the mail etc option.
    Open the CRT file on my computer using Notepad++ ONLY.
    Copy only the first key code from BEGIN to END into the certificate window – Note: there are 2 of them (duplicates).
    Click the AutoFile by Certificate button.
    Click the Install Certificate button.

Important Note: You need to do the Update Certificate process for EACH of your websites if you are including several subdomain websites in 1 SSL Cert. and then install the certificate again for EACH site.

malcolm
    Participant

thanks for the offer.. I’m with Inmotion hosting and they use Comodo Free SSL, pretty simply set up and in conjunction with the Really Simple SSL plugin, now all done and running secure https sites .(horray)

I edited the autorestore wp config file (was just easier than uploading a copy of the new)

ran the pre-install wizard and the set up with new activation key

Everything seemed ok but a huge number of files turned up in quarantine.. I just restored them .. correct?

only issue I now have (if it be) is a php error box

“PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match”

should I worry about it and if so how do I fix it?

thanks for your help

malcolm

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Glad to hear you got the annoying wp-config.php AutoRestore problem figured out. Yep, restoring files in Quarantine should work fine unless those files get quarantined again. Let me if that happens and I’ll tell you what needs to be done to fix that problem.  Since you have migrated your site then the current php error log path is going to be your older site’s php error log path instead of the new path to the php error log file.  Do the steps below to fix that issue.

1. Go to the P-Security > PHP Error Log tab page.
    2. Copy the bps_php_error.log path that you see displayed at the top of the page after this > ini_set PHP Error Log Location (Recommended):
    3. Paste that bps_php_error.log path into the PHP Error Log Location Set To text box.
    4. Click the Set Error Log Location button.

Calebolland
    Participant

Thanks!

jenni101
    Participant

[Forum Reply has been moved to this relevant Forum Topic]

Hello,

Our hosting provider, Siteground, is moving us from cPanel to their new Site Tools setup in a few days time. Should I leave BPS pro to just ‘do it’s thing’? or should I deactivate it or turn off ARQ?

many thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ jenni101 – If your host is physically moving files or changing website hosting account folder/file paths then do these steps.

1. Turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. After your host has migrated your site/hosting account go to the BPS Pro Setup Wizard page and run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

jenni101
    Participant

Many thanks. As I’m not 100% sure as to how they do this I will do as recommended.

Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.