moving host

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro moving host

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    malcolm
    Participant

Hi,

I’m sure there is a thread somewhere but I’ve just changed host (from tsohost to inmotion) and have the following error

BPS Alert! An htaccess file was NOT found in your WordPress root folder
    would I be correct in thinking I need to re-run the installation wizard

FYI I moved the WP files using file manager (extracted the relevant wordpress files from the giant zip file from my old host.. zipped them back up, uploaded via file manager, unzipped, updated the config and moved all the files up one level)

regards

malcolm

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster
    malcolm
    Participant

bps pro is also rewriting the wp-config file.. changing the DB, user and password back to the details from the old host.. resulting an ‘error connecting to database’ error..  but only on one site, the other it’s not…. I’ve disabled it for now.

I am also installing free SSL’s … so changing the HTTP to HTTPS….

so basically its deactivate delete and reinstall BPS pro… after the SSL has activated

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

AutoRestore|Quarantine checks for any files that have been changed. So when you migrate a website and change your wp-config.php file you will need to turn off AutoRestore|Quarantine temporarily and then back up all of your website files again by running the Setup Wizard. You can turn off AutoRestore|Quarantine by doing these steps > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/

1. Use FTP and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security/.
    5. Login to your website, go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Must-Use link at the top of the Plugins page. If AutoRestore is turned Off you will see – “AutoRestore is turned Off” in green font under the BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin. Stop here and go to Step #6. If AutoRestore is not turned Off then click the “Turn Off AutoRestore” link. Stop here and go to Step #6. If you do not see either “AutoRestore is turned Off” in green font or the “Turn Off AutoRestore” link then you have an older version of BPS Pro installed and will need to delete the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder using FTP or your web host control panel file manager and install the most current version of BPS Pro. See this forum topic for how to upgrade BPS Pro > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/. Important Note: You will not lose any of your BPS Pro plugin settings when you delete the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder since all plugin settings are saved in your WordPress Database.
    6. Rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder back to /bulletproof-security/.
    7. Login to your website, go to the BPS Pro Setup Wizard page, click the Pre-Installation wizard button and click the Setup Wizard button.
    8. Go to BPS Pro Quarantine and delete all the WordPress or Theme files that were quarantined.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.