Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    carsafety
    Participant

The thing is, I really don’t want auto restore feature at all.  I have continuous backups through my service provider plus various other redundant backups.  And whenever something goes awry with a plugin or modification, during troubleshooting, it’s always compounded by auto restore bringing back old versions.  But if I disable it, that warning persists on the home page.  I realize I’m in the minority, but it’s really the only complaint I’ve had since upgrading to Pro.

Anyway, just to get rid of it of the warning, I manually clicked all four backups and turned on ARQ and the notice persists.  The link it says to click simply links to “/wp-admin/about.php” which doesn’t seem to be helpful.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ carsafety – So after clicking the link the ARQ FailSafe message does not go away?  If so, then there is specific problem occurring on your website.  If you would like for me to figure out what that problem is then send a WordPress Administrator login to this website to: info at ait-pro dot com.  If you did not click the link then you need to click it to make the ARQ FailSafe message go away.

carsafety
    Participant

Correct.  I did the manual backup on all 4 buttons, turned ARQ override OFF and ARQ on, then clicked the link a few times and it did not clear.  So I just now turned ARQ override back to ON and then ARQ to off again.  I clicked the link again, and this time it seems to have cleared. Not sure why it didn’t clear when I clicked it previously, it just sent me to the “About” page with the wordpress video. I understand the security that this feature provides, but for someone forgetful like me, it’s just as likely to cause lots of confusion, if not serious issues by bringing back incompatible file versions.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ carsafety – Should have asked if you were using Cron Override.  😉  Glad you got it all sorted out.

Hannah
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this Topic until a relevant Topic can be found for the cause of the problem]
    Hi, sorry to bother you with this at such a bad time of the year, but I have a site down and not sure what to do next. A client notified me that her theme, which was previously responsive, was not responding to mobile device sizes. I found that an update to theme I hadn’t been notified about was ready, so I installed it via upload with ARQ off, did the procedure and turned it back on, no problems, but the theme was still not responding to smaller screens. Submitted a support request with the developer, and in the process learned they will be away until January 3, so I continued to investigate, whitelisted a bunch of scripts and css files and saw no change, so I came here to follow the troubleshooting steps. I deactivated Root Folder BulletProof Mode and the site immediately went down – front-facing and admin – with blank pages. I tried to access the external form tool, but get a 403 error, so I was stuck. There’s nothing current in quarantine. I checked the PHP error log via PHP and see one repeated almost 20X: PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in […]wp-content/themes/agritourismo-theme/includes/lib/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1140 via ftp, I copied the backup root htaccess file and put it in position, and the front-facing site came back up but immediately went down again, and admin is still blank. Now I see auto_htaccess and an error log in quarantine. Not sure how to proceed from here.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Hannah – I think the problem coincidentally appears to be with the root htaccess file and is actually some other problem, but it could be the root htaccess file.  Do these steps to eliminate the root htaccess file.

1.  Using FTP delete this file:  /wp-content/bps-backup/root-files/auto_.htaccess.
    2.  Using FTP delete the root htaccess file.

The T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM php error means there is a double colon :: coding mistake in this file: wp-content/themes/agritourismo-theme/includes/lib/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1140 which needs to be fixed/corrected.

Hannah
    Participant

OK, first things first. I have repeatedly removed the htaccess file from the root and replaced it with the backed up root htaccess file, and it keeps getting moved to quarantine, taking the site back down. I duplicate the backup and placed it in the autorestore folder, but that doesn’t seem to be helping (I guess because it gets renamed from root.htaccess to .htaccess and I’m not sure if it’s ok to rename it the same way in the backup folder) For a fraction of a second, the site comes back up when I put the backup in the root directory, but then it’s moved and the site goes rightback down. I will investigate the double colon error now, but if I change something will it just get quarantined?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do the steps above instead of what you are trying to do.

Hannah
    Participant

Yes, I’ve removed all htaccess from the root. Site is still down.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so the most logical explanations are that something is wrong with the new theme installation files (bad code, etc) that you installed or theme files were quarantined.  Check this log file to see if any theme files were quarantined:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt.

Hannah
    Participant

Here is what I found for today’s date in quarantine:

[Root File AutoRestore Logged: December 21, 2015 1:25 pm]
    Quarantined Filename: Root .htaccess file renamed to auto_.htaccess
    Quarantine Path: /home3/newnapaw/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/auto_.htaccess
    Restore Path: /home3/newnapaw/public_html/.htaccess

[Root File AutoRestore Logged: December 21, 2015 1:25 pm]
    Quarantined Filename: error_log
    Quarantine Path: /home3/newnapaw/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/error_log
    Restore Path: /home3/newnapaw/public_html/error_log

[Root File AutoRestore Logged: December 21, 2015 1:44 pm]
    Quarantined Filename: error_log
    Quarantine Path: /home3/newnapaw/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/error_log
    Restore Path: /home3/newnapaw/public_html/error_log

Checked the error log and there were no errors since Nov 25 until today. Here’s what it says:

[21-Dec-2015 14:25:22] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Dec-2015 14:25:46] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Dec-2015 14:29:20] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Dec-2015 14:29:24] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Dec-2015 14:29:27] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Dec-2015 14:29:38] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    [21-Dec-2015 14:29:40] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so you are now down to the most obivous cause of the problem.  The new Theme update that you found and installed must have problems/coding mistakes in it or maybe it is not compatible with the WP version you have installed.  So what you want to do is to either restore the website files (NOT DB and only files) for the Theme folder.  Or if you have a copy of the old Theme files then upload that old version of the theme.  Deactivate AutoRestore first by doing these steps:

Solution 4:  If you are unable to use the XTF Form to deactivate/turn off AutoRestore

1.  Login to your web host control panel.
    2.  Go to phpMyAdmin > search for this database option:  bulletproof_security_options_ARCM and delete it.  Deleting this database option deactivates/turns off AutoRestore.

Hannah
    Participant

Well, well, Bluehost won’t let me into the database. Every time I click a link to it, it takes me back to the account home. Will wonders never cease on this day when I thought I would be getting a bunch of other things done before taking off for the holidays?! *sigh* Any suggestions?

I can confirm that we’re using WP 4.4 and PHP 5.4. The double colon thing shouldn’t be an issue – I was reading the discussion about this at gitHub and it was the guys who were running 5.2 who encountered errors (this was in April). Dreamweaver does flag the same line though.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Personal opinion – restore the entire site files from a file backup from yesterday.  If you want to attempt to reinstall this new theme version again then be prepared for the same problem to happen again and restore the entire site files again.  File restores take about 5-10 minutes on my host so I imagine other hosts are going to be similar.

Hannah
    Participant

OK. She doesn’t have a file backup/restore service on her account, but I can upload from Updraft backups. Or I can just reinstall WordPress and restore the files to a fresh installation.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.