Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok you only need to restore the old theme folder so don’t bother doing anything else that is not needed/unnecessary.  You can rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder so that ARQ is disabled.  Then use the XTF tools to deactivate ARQ once you get the site back up.

Hannah
    Participant

Do I need to upload to Autorestore first?
    Thanks for the extra guidance. On it right now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah you can also do things manually if you run into a problem with the XTF form again after the site is back up.

Hannah
    Participant

Oh man, I renamed the BPS folder and uploaded the previous version of the theme, but the site won’t come back up. Cleared my browser cache with no luck then tried another browser (Chrome). 500 error there too.

Error log: [21-Dec-2015 16:46:57] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so' - /usr/php/54/usr/lib64/php/modules/imagick.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string in Unknown on line 0
    BPS PHP error log: [21-Dec-2015 23:46:57] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home3/newnapaw/public_html/wp-content/themes/agritourismo-theme/includes/lib/class-tgm-plugin-activation.php on line 1140
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you install anything else besides a new theme version?  Maybe the server itself is having problems?  What is the domain name for this website?  I can check the server itself based on the domain name to see if it is having problems by checking other domains on the same server.

Hannah
    Participant

Hm…had to check my WP Remote log to remember, and found that I updated the Updraft Plus backup plugin early this morning. Everything was fine after that when I started working with the theme. Even then, everything seemed to be fine after updating it, it was only after I saw that this did not fix the issue with the theme no longer being responsive that I deactivated Root Folder BulletProof Mode and got the white screen of death. Not that BPS caused it, but that was the sequence of events, and up to that point I didn’t notice anything unusual. So sorry that we both have had to spend our day on this!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep bummer for you, but for me I have written 800 lines of new code, fixed some buggy code and answered 30 other general problems via email while looking at this particular issue.  They call him “Mega Multi-Tasker”.  ha ha ha.

Since this worked to get the site back up – “For a fraction of a second, the site comes back up when I put the backup in the root directory, but then it’s moved and the site goes rightback down.”  – then logically if you copy the htaccess file to: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/ and then rename it to auto_.htaccess and then also copy the .htaccess file to the website root folder then that should work.

Hannah
    Participant

Yup. that worked. And…You ARE the mega multi-tasker! And I need a vacation. I guess I get too involved in (read: upset) about these things to be able to get much else done while trying to work it out. But I did get a few things done that were important, so I shouldn’t complain. Thanks so much for your time and expertise today! You are not just a mega multi-tasker, you’re a rock star.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well I should have had you do this from the beginning, but I assumed that deleting the root htaccess file would work.  Since that did not work then either this particular website/server requires a root htaccess file at all times or there is some additional htaccess code in the root htaccess for something else that you have installed on this website that requires that additional htaccess code.  Send your root .htaccess file to: info at ait-pro dot com so I can take a look at it.

Paul
    Participant

hi, and happy xmas!
    I want to move a site from one domain to another, so current is for example www.xxxinxxx.co.uk to a new site that a) removes the IN from the url and also changes to a .com so www.xxxxx.com so that all pages go to corresponding on new site.
    What htacces would do this and where would i put in bps so all diverts? would it be CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START
    something like after

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^olddomain.co.uk$ [OR]
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.olddomain.co.uk$
      RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

i guess i can delete the old site just leave the htaccess there

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, your code would probably work.  This code below in an htaccess file in the old site’s folder would redirect all old site pages and posts to identical matching pages and posts with the same identical structure on the new site/domain.

RedirectMatch 301 ^/$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1

For some web hosts you need to include the folder name where the website is physically installed. olddomain.co.uk would be the name of the folder and not the URL|URI name.

RedirectMatch 301 ^/olddomain.co.uk$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1
    Paul
    Participant

for some reason they only seem to redirect the main page, but i,ll have another look thanks. i have just done a page by page redirect newish site so not to bad. gave no redirect and a 404 for say mysite.co.uk/location/something. I,ll get back to you after xmas break, have a day off 😉

RewriteEngine On
    RedirectMatch 301 ^/xxxxxxx.co.uk$ http://www.xxxxxxx.com/$1
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

In order for the backreference ($1) to redirect to the same identical URI|URL, your site structure would need to be identical for the old and new sites.

Paul
    Participant

Yeah, thats the issue, one url is http://www.xxxinxxx.co.uk the other http://www.xxxx.com i.e no IN
    so i,ll do it page by page
    Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm you shouldn’t have to do that literally with individual additional rewrite|redirect rules for each specific URI.  A backreference should do that automatically.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.