Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    IT
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this Topic]
    Hello,
    I am facing one problem that on my website this plugin is activated and until & unless i am not deactivating it, i am unable to edit my files via cpanel. But it is needed on urgent basis then only my website will be saved from Brute force attacks. Kindly help me.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ IT – BPS Pro does not have the capability to affect editing files in cPanel.  Please describe the issue/problem in more detail so I know exactly what is occurring.  Example:  I am in cPanel > clicking on X > trying to edit file X.  Do you see any error messages? If so, post the error message you are seeing.

IT
    Participant

Hello,
    Actually I was trying to edit website files via cpanel, but was unable. I concerned to wiredtree persons regarding this, they told that it can be due to Security plugin activated on website. As i was editing, it diminishes within 2 minutes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Maybe the files you are editing are being autorestored by AutoRestore|Quarantine?  See this AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Correct Usage link:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

AbZu2
    Participant

[Topic merged into this Topic]
    Since installing BPS Pro 3 days ago I have currently 1244 quarantined files, the majority are error_log, (1) wp-config.php, (2) wp-cache-config.php,

I assume that it is safe to delete them all, but would like confirmation. Successfully configured WP Super Cache configuration with BPS Pro. Don’t know if the error logs are related to WPSC prior to the new configuration.

Also receiving: A PHP Error has been logged in your PHP Error Log. Fail to see the error. Location is correct. Tested OK.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You probably want to restore those files and not delete them.  See this forum topic help section on creating AutoRestore file exclude rules:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules  You want to create a file exclude rule for the error_log file and the wp-cache-config.php file.  You do not need to create a file exclude rule for the wp-config.php file and only probably want to restore the wp-config.php file.

For PHP Error log troubleshooting steps see this forum topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

AbZu2
    Participant

Restored the wp-config.php file that was quarantined and now have the following situation:
    http://prnt.sc/axp5ei
    The wp-config.php file was locked before restoring it in accordance to the instructions in configuring WPSuperCache

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok lock the wp-config.php file again if you want to lock it or just choose to turn off the check.

AbZu2
    Participant

There are 1,295 files quarantined, the majority being error-logs. Should I restore all of them or just the latest. Have already added the error_log and wp-cache-config.php file to the exclusion list in Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files

Thanks for your replies and kind assistance in this process.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Just restore the wp-cache-config.php file and then delete all of the error_log files.

AbZu2
    Participant

After endless hours of attempting to configure WP SuperCache to play ball with BPS Pro, when I decided to check if WPSC was working properly I get the following error scenarios:

Within WP Dashboard/WP SuperCache settings
    WP_CACHE constant set to false
    The WP_CACHE constant is used by WordPress to load the code that serves cached pages. Unfortunately, it is set to false. Please edit your wp-config.php and add or edit the following line above the final require_once command:
    define('WP_CACHE', true);

Checking my wp-config.php:

/** The name of the database for WordPress */
    define('WP_CACHE', true); //Added by WP-Cache Manager

It IS set to True NOT False as indicated in the WP Dashboard. Not sure if this false information has anything to do with the configurations that were done to BPS regarding this plugin. ¿?

On the verge of deleting WP-Cache and trying my luck with another WP cache plugin. Really would like to have it work.Any recommendations would be appreciated. Not sure what changes I would have to do to BPS Pro if I decide to uninstall WPSC.

I know that this issue can easily be dismissed as a problem with WPSC, but there is a possible correlation with BPS Pro’s configuration for this plugin, due to the fact that they it did not exist prior to the installation of the latter.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We use our Speed Boost Cache code here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/htaccess-caching-code-speed-boost-cache-code/ and do not use any caching plugins on any of our websites, but if you would like for us to get WPSC and BPS working on your site then send a WordPress Administrator login to this site to:  info at ait-pro dot com.  WPSC setup usually takes about 5 minutes so we will not be logged into your site for more than 15 minutes maximum. There is not correct order of installation and setup for WPSC. So WPSC can be setup before or after BPS Pro, either works fine.

AbZu2
    Participant

Was unfamiliar with Speed Boost Cache. Since I have BPS I would definitely prefer a native cache option rather than a third party plugin. Will delete the WP Super Cache and cross my fingers that all proceeds without any scenarios. Thank you for your assistance and information.

AbZu2
    Participant

Successful deletion of WP Super Cache and configuration of Speed Boost Cache,  Unfamiliar with the pros and cons of Speed Boost Cache vs WP Super Cache, except that the former was definitely a problem free configuration.Thank you.

Spoke too soon. After my “successful” operation  I am now unable to access my website or dashboard. ¿?
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@abzu2.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    address Apache Server at http://www.abzu2.com Port 80

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely you have invalid htaccess code in your root htaccess file somewhere.  Use FTP and open your root htaccess file and copy all of your root htaccess file code and paste it here.  Then delete your root htaccess file so that your website loads again.  After looking at your root htaccess code that you post, I will tell you where the mistake is and how and where to fix that mistake.  Also check your wp-config.php file for leftover WP Super Cache code.  If you find leftover WPSC code in your wp-config.php file then you will need to turn off AutoRestore first, then delete the WPSC code in your wp-config.php file, then go to AutoRestore > click the Root Files Backup Files button and turn AutoRestore back on.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.