Website not loading after WordPress upgrade or Theme upgrade – 500 error – files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Website not loading after WordPress upgrade or Theme upgrade – 500 error – files quarantined

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Patrick – Please send us an FTP login to your hosting account and forward any emails that HostGator sent to you about your hosting account suspension.  Email: info at ait-pro dot com.

Jim Williamson
    Participant

Happening far too often, and really getting tired of having to come here and look up new fixes.

I think I’m done, time to find a different solution…

Thanks for all you’ve done, but I’ve had too much downtime due to BPS Pro to make it worth continuing to use.
    I lost an entire day today trying to sort this one out.

Margaret
    Participant

Hi, I keep getting this message.  The file is getting quarantined about once a day.  I can’t recall if this started happening when I upgraded to the newest version and just want to make sure that there isn’t another problem:
    auto_.htaccess
    /home2/**********/public_html/*************/.htaccess
    2018-07-09 20:28:09

I’ve also started getting this error now on a daily basis too, which I’ve not gotten before:

PHP Error

[09-Jul-2018 04:35:13 UTC] PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'height' in /home2/*******/public_html/************/wp-content/themes/fashionistas/image.php on line 27

[09-Jul-2018 04:35:13 UTC] PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'height' in /home2/*******/public_html/************/wp-content/themes/fashionistas/image.php on line 28

Your help is great appreciated.  Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Margaret – Most likely another plugin or your theme is trying to write to the htaccess file daily.  You can lock your root htaccess file on the B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page to prevent this problem from happening.

The PHP errors are not related to BPS Pro.  Send the PHP errors to the fashionistas Theme folks so they can fix that issue in the next theme version release.  See this forum topic for additional help info on how to troubleshoot and handle PHP errors > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

Margaret
    Participant

Thanks so much!

Lawrence Romero
    Participant

Hi,

Yesterday December 20 my hosting siteground automatically updated my website to wordpress 5.0.2 although in my wp-config.php I have active option

define(‘WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE’, false ); that apparently SiteGround Autoupdate deactivated 🙁

After the update my website did not load and showed the error 500

Search BulletProof Security Forum and find Website not loading after WordPress upgrade or Theme upgrade – 500 error – files quarantined

Check as you indicate the file /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt and in fact there are a lot of files in quarantine that correspond to the update of December 20

So I proceeded to perform each of the steps outlined:

Steps 1 to 5 all ok, the website silkeweinig.com now up/loading again

Then, I do step 6 and in effect it shows me my login as before (Protected by BulletProof Security)

I enter all my information for the login and when I try to access the error 500 returns and again everything starts again

When reviewing autorestore_log.txt again I can notice that the new files were again quarantined, apparently AutoRestore is not automatically turned Off, although I am using the latest version of BulletProof Security

Currently, I leave everything up to point 5 and the website works but I do not have security since BulletProof Security is disabled.

Can you please help me with this problem so that BulletProof Security, which is an excellent plugin that I have used for years, can be active again.

Thank you

Lawrence Romero

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Lawrence Romero – I sent a response to your email and have added the same general info below.  Very sorry about the problems that you ran into.  If these steps below do not work then maybe there is a bigger issue occurring with BPS and SG hosting that we need to look into. Please respond either here or in my email if the problem happens again.

Rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name to: /_bulletproof-security/
    Visit your website once > AutoRestore will be automatically turned off at that point.
    Rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name back to: /bulletproof-security/
    You can login and go to the BPS Pro Setup Wizard page and run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

Lawrence Romero
    Participant

Hi,

I tried again, the problem persists, I had already followed exactly the steps outlined, apparently AutoRestore is not automatically turned Off, then maybe there is a bigger issue occurring with BPS and SG hosting as you have pointed out.

Currently, I leave everything up to point 5 and the website works but I do not have security since BulletProof Security is disabled.

I am aware that these are difficult dates, but please, if you have some time, I would really appreciate it if you could take a look, by email I sent you the keys of ftp and wordpress.

Thanks for the help and for responding despite the dates.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I received your email and will be logging into your website shortly to fix the problem.

Lawrence Romero
    Participant

Wow, that is magnificent.

Already resend the username.

I greatly appreciate your help!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Logged into your site now and working on the problem.  Thanks.

Lawrence Romero
    Participant

Your support is first level!!

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok the problem is now fixed, but I highly recommend that you reinstall WordPress again on the Dashboard menu > Updates page.  I would have done that, but you have a German version of WP.  So I thought it would better for you to do the re-installation.  I am logged out of FTP and your website.  Please change both passwords.

Lawrence Romero
    Participant

Ready! WordPress reinstalled and passwords changed

First of all, I would like to thank you for the speed and patience with which you addressed and solved my problem, considering the dates in which we find ourselves.

I also want to thank you for the work and professionalism that you have dedicated to your plugin, which I have used for years without major problems.

The reasons (expertise, functionality, support, etc.) are obvious for which your plugin is in the top of the best plugins in the security area of wordpress-based websites.

I just want to thank you once again for your invaluable support and wish you happy holidays

Best regards

Lawrence Romero

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are very welcome.

Happy Holidays

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.