Website not loading after WordPress upgrade or Theme upgrade – 500 error – files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Website not loading after WordPress upgrade or Theme upgrade – 500 error – files quarantined

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Martin
    Participant

[Forum Reply has been moved to this relevant Forum Topic]

When an automatic update occurs all the files are being quarantined (8700 files).

I’ve tried Restoring Files and using the Sort/Search to restore files but this was unsuccessful.

I completed the update by turning off AutoRestore whilst updating.

Do I need to set an Exclude Other Folders & Files rule for automatic updates?

How do I delete the 8700 quarantined files? Neither Delete File or Clear/Refresh is having any effect.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Martin – See the beginning of this forum topic for how to fix WordPress files being quarantined.

After fixing the WordPress file quarantine problem use these steps to clear/delete all database entries in the Quarantine table and the old quarantined WordPress files.

1. Go the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools menu/page > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool tab.
    2. Delete the quarantine database table by clicking the Drop Radio button for this database table:  xx_bpspro_arq_quarantine
    3. Click the Empty|Drop button to delete the BPS quarantine database table.
    4. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete all folders under the BPS Quarantine folder located here:  /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/

willerup
    Participant

Hi, I have just been through this How-to to restore my site. Seems as if:

‘wp-includes/css/*’

and

‘wp-includes/sodium_compat/*’

was quarantined after upgrade.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ willerup – See the beginning of this forum topic for how to fix WordPress files being quarantined.

willerup
    Participant

Sorry, I should have been more specific – but I had just finished and was rushing to say goodnight to daughter.

I followed how-to and restored access, so previous post was my failed attempt to say thanks :-/

Also just wanted to let you know that some legit plugins was quarantined.

But hey… I’m up and running:-)

Thx for the how-to:-)

willerup
    Participant

Hi, back again…

I have disabled BPS, because it continues to quarantine various files – including wp-config.php. I have just tried to download a new BPS, and got various files quarantined again after activation.

So I have now restored files again, and disabled BPS.

How can I get BPS up and also edit BPS quarantine settings?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ willerup – Sounds like you are on one of the web hosts that interferes with step #5 > 5. Login to your website and go to the WordPress Plugins page. If you see a message that the BPS Pro plugin has been deactivated then go to step #6. If you do not see a message that the BPS Pro plugin has been deactivated then you will need to manually delete this BPS Pro database option setting > bulletproof_security_options_ARCM. Login to your web host control panel > login to PhpMyAdmin > do a search for the BPS Pro AutoRestore database option name > bulletproof_security_options_ARCM and delete it. You can now go to step #6.

You are going to have to manually delete the AutoRestore database option in order to deactivate AutoRestore > Login to your web host control panel > login to PhpMyAdmin > do a search for the BPS Pro AutoRestore database option name > bulletproof_security_options_ARCM and delete it. You can now go to step #6.

Note: In BPS Pro 14 we have added a new option to turn Off/deactivate AutoRestore in the BPS Pro MU Plugin (must-use plugin) to make this issue easier to deal with.

willerup
    Participant

Hmm….

Issue here is, that if I enable BPS, files are quarantined thus disallowing me to login or operate the website.

If I manually disable by renaming to /_bulletproof-security/ I can login, but have no options to operate BPS.
    I have looked for ARCM in DB, but can’t seem to find anything related to this value.
    What I have in my DB though are listed below…

bpspro_arq_exclude
    bpspro_arq_quarantine
    bpspro_dbm_monitor
    bpspro_db_backup
    bpspro_folder_lock
    bpspro_login_security
    bpspro_mscan
    bpspro_seclog_ignore

Any suggestions?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS plugin options are saved in the wp_options database table.  The DB Table names you posted above are Top Level Database Tables.  Are you logged into PhpMyAdmin in your web host control panel?  If so, use the search feature to search the WordPress wp_options database table for the BPS AutoRestore plugin option name:  bulletproof_security_options_ARCM.  Delete the database option, activate the BPS Pro plugin and rerun the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

willerup
    Participant

Found it… Currently at work. Will have to look at it later today, and will post feedback.

TIA

willerup
    Participant

That seemed to do the job. Thanks:-)

Not sure about the fix in version 14, because my wp-config.php was quarantined and no login possible. But still looking forward to next version.

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

Hi,

HTTP ERROR 500

Please assist with this.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Alex Kibbet – What kind of assistance do you need?  Have you used the steps at the beginning of this forum topic?  Are you running into a problem with the steps?  What kind of problem are you running into?  Please explain anything/everything in detail.

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

Actually it is Alex Kibet….

So,I was updating my WordPress site http://www.ndoleta.com and as soon as I activated my BPS pro …My site went down

I see this error HTTP ERROR 500.

I have have followed the steps above but with no avail.I dont know why the BPS pro is that complicated to some of us.

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

Sent credentials on email

Please check on this.I think your servers have been unstable of late

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.