1 more localization – Russian

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free 1 more localization – Russian

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

My total is 1924 in the Poedit status bar.  It looks like you have a blank space in front of:  esc_attr__.  Not sure if that is causing a problem.

Eyef
    Participant

postimage
    Hm.. i can’t find this message in pot file.

“Click OK to Load|Refresh the DB Table Names and Character Length Table or click Cancel.”

Message, after pressing Load|Resresh button on DB Table Prefix Changer page

postimage
    same problem (DB Backup page)

I can’t find any of this rows in *.pot

CAUTION:

This Form is used to Run Backup Jobs or Delete Backup Jobs depending on which checkbox you selected.

Click OK to either Run a Backup Job or Delete Backup Job(s) or click Cancel

p.s. CAUTION is translated, but not used. I think somewhere must be one more “CAUTION”

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These are pure JavaScript Confirm popup messages.  Unfortunately, these JavaScript Confirm popup messages cannot be made into I18n language translations without changing the code entirely to jQuery and using wp_localize_script().  So unfortunately this is just something that will have to remain the way it is.  Changing the code to jQuery will not work correctly for what we are doing with the pure JavaScript.

Eyef
    Participant

I found a typo in english *.pot file

#: includes/functions.php:584
    msgid ""
    "he BPS version: BULLETPROOF .xx.x WP-ADMIN SECURE .HTACCESS line of code was "
    "not found at the top of your wp-admin htaccess file."

Must be

#: includes/functions.php:584
    msgid ""
    "The BPS version: BULLETPROOF .xx.x WP-ADMIN SECURE .HTACCESS line of code was "
    "not found at the top of your wp-admin htaccess file."

I can not finish the translation in the near future, since I noticed that my site on wordpress hacked despite bps) and I have a lot of hacker’s info in my database, and a lot of other people’s data in wordpress engine files are corrected by someone.
    I deleted all of your entire site with the database.
    Now I do not care about the translation of this plugin.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Will be corrected in the next BPS version.

Usually a website and hosting account has been hacked for months or even years before the website owner is aware that the site/hosting account is hacked.  See this forum topic for how to cleanup a hacked hosting account/website:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-hacked-wordpress-hack-cleanup-wordpress-hack-repair/

Eyef
    Participant

Progress to date:
    86% translated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sg3bgxc2u2vso0/bulletproof-ru_RU-09-jan-2017.zip?dl=0 – download link.
    This file is better than https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/bulletproof-security/stable/ru/default?page=1

I have imported it to 2nd link’s site, but it still contains old version of translation with some typos and flaws.
    And I can not undo old suggested translations offered there.
    Also some translations with mark “Current” has flaws and must be replaced.

File on dropbox always will be newer and better. I will complete it in nereast future. It remains to translate some ReadMe parts and a number of error messages and notifications.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Wow!  Awesome!  Thanks.

The new WordPress Online Language Translation system does not allow the older method of adding .po and .mo language translation files in a plugin’s /languages/ folder if you want to use the new WP Online Language Translation system.  You have to choose one or the other and cannot use both.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What do you want to delete?  The forum Reply?  bbPress settings on this site allow you to edit or delete Replies and Topics for up to 60 minutes.  After 60 minutes has passed, Replies and Topics can no longer be edited or deleted.

Eyef
    Participant

I would like to delete your last comment, because there was a question the answer to which I found by myself. But i see only edit button, not delete.

P.S.
    97% Translated, remain: 43 rows.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll50wy4tillafvb/bulletproof-ru_RU-18-jan-2017.zip?dl=0

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I deleted your previous Reply.

I just checked and you are right.  A subscriber/participant only has Edit and Reply options.  So I checked the bbPress site and confirmed that by default subscribers/participants are not allowed to delete their own “posts”.  https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/before-installing/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/  So these capabilities below would need to be created/added for the Participant Role.  I have made a note of this for future testing to see if this is a good or bad thing to allow.

• delete_topics
    • delete_replies

I don’t think WordPress allows having language translations files and using the new Online Translate site/feature anymore. I think you have to choose 1 or the other, but I will double check on that.

Eyef
    Participant

I can’t delete old translation from Online Translate site, because there is too many rows)
    Deleting old translate suggestion one by one for 1900+ rows… I have no time for it.
    If I could, I would have deleted all my translation suggestions and replace it by *.po file content again.
    But i can’t…
    Now after importing i see many versions of any rows and by default displayed not newest.
    I think is someone will use export from Online translation page – He did not get the newest file.
    And some translation from another people marked as “current” is not good. It must be replaced.
    We need someone with “Editor” permissions on https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/ru/default/wp-plugins/bulletproof-security

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well maybe if .po and .mo files are still allowed then what I logically guess is that if Russian .po and .mo files exist in the BPS plugin /languages/ folder then they will be used instead of the Online Russian translation information.  I will be checking everything out tomorrow morning to see what WP is now doing/allowing regarding the local (.po and .mo) and online translation files and if you can use both together.

Eyef
    Participant

Good news today:

100% Done

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u3vmntwfeod8su/bulletproof-ru_RU-19-jan-2017.zip?dl=0 – latest file with 100% done + 57 typos fixed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Awesome!  Thanks again for taking the time and effort to do this.  Translating the BPS plugin help text is not easy and is time consuming since we include a lot of help text in the Read Me help buttons for folks.

I am still trying to figure out exactly how the new WP Language Translation system works exactly.  What I notice when I check and test installing or updating other plugins and themes is that the language translation files are not included in the plugins and themes files and are instead installed after the plugin or theme is installed.  So that means the .mo and .po files are being installed by WordPress from the WordPress server after a plugin or theme upgrade or installation is completed.  The Online translations are being compiled, downloaded from the WP site and then installed on the Local website in the WP /wp-content/languages/ folder.  So it would seem that the Online Translation is the place where any plugin or theme language translations need to be made.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh wow!  I have looked at the WP Translations page about 100 times and never noticed at the bottom of the Translations table there are links to Import and Export .pot, .po and .mo files.  😉  Now it all makes sense since you can do the translation locally on your computer and then Import the .po and .mo files.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.