AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Tony Payne
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response, my apologies I only saw this today.

Yesterday I did as requested and locked the root htaccess file, but today it was quarantined twice as usual.

Below is a list of the cron jobs that are running. I can’t see anything obvious, most look like BPS jobs or WordPress jobs.

There are a couple of “hmbkp*” jobs, which are from the BackupWordpress plugin. Possibly the most likely candidates?

The cron list is pasted below in case it helps.

Last|Next Run Date Frequency Hook Name
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:20 pm Once every minute bpsPro_AFS_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:20 pm Once every 15 minutes bpsPro_DBM_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:20 pm Once Hourly bpsPro_security_log_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:20 pm Once Hourly bpsPro_php_elog_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:22 pm Once every 3 minutes bpsPro_AutoRestore_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:28 pm Once Hourly wp_privacy_delete_old_export_files
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:31 pm Once every 15 minutes bpsPro_PFWAP_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:33 pm Once every 15 minutes bpsPro_HPF_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:57 pm Once Hourly bpsPro_email_log_files
    June 21, 2018 @ 2:00 pm Once Hourly bpsPro_DBB_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 2:01 pm Twice Daily bpsPro_update_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 2:02 pm Once Daily akismet_scheduled_delete
    June 21, 2018 @ 2:13 pm Once Hourly hyper_clean
    June 21, 2018 @ 9:19 pm Twice Daily wp_update_plugins
    June 21, 2018 @ 9:19 pm Twice Daily wp_update_themes
    June 21, 2018 @ 9:19 pm Twice Daily wp_version_check
    June 21, 2018 @ 12:00 am Once Daily hmbkp_schedule_backup_hook
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:00 am Once Daily s2_digest_cron
    June 21, 2018 @ 3:10 am Once Daily hmbkp_schedule_hook
    June 21, 2018 @ 7:59 am Once Daily wpseo-reindex-links
    June 21, 2018 @ 9:19 am Once Daily wp_scheduled_delete
    June 21, 2018 @ 9:32 am Once Daily bpsPro_ARQ_OBFD
    June 21, 2018 @ 11:57 am Once Daily wp_scheduled_auto_draft_delete
    June 21, 2018 @ 1:01 pm Once Daily delete_expired_transients
    June 21, 2018 @ 7:59 am Once Weekly hmbkp_schedule_hook
    June 21, 2018 @ 7:54 pm Twice Monthly clversion

I did lock the htaccess file again today. Will see if it still quarantines it tomorrow.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Tony Payne – BuddyPress/bbPress Sticky Forum Topics do not send emails for some strange reason.  Some day we will create a plugin that “fixes” that BuddyPress/bbPress Sticky Forum Topic email issue.

I do not see any Cron Jobs that match the times that you mentioned in your previous forum reply.  My guess is that you web host is running a Direct Cron job or doing some other automated method to check/flush your Root htaccess file daily.  Contact your web host support folks and explain the issue to them to see if they are doing this.

Paul
    Participant

On the BPS AutoRestore|Quarantine page withing WP, where you have the individual backup, Root, WP-admin etc, why is it all but Root Files show the correct date of being backed up, the root files will not change from 7-22-2018 10:24:39. I have uploaded fresh plugin ( due to another issue i had, now fixed) also done a fresh setup, but it still remains the same date?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Paul – The Backup timestamp is based on files Last Modified date/time.  If no files have changed since the last backup time then the timestamp will remain the same.  The files are being backed up, but the timestamp is used to check the Last Modified date instead of simply checking any/all file backups.  This is done for various technical reasons.  Note:  Automated forum emails are not sent from BuddyPress/bbPress Forum Sticky Topics.  So I will manually send you an email reply for this forum reply.

Paul
    Participant

Thanks, that makes sense now i have read that. Thank you.

Geoff
    Participant

I updated some of my scripts in the root folder.  I turned off Autorestore, uploaded the files, clicked on the button for Backup Files for Root Files, and turned Autorestore back on.  I have one of the five files keeps being quarantined for some reason.  I rinse and repeat and then tried using the Setup Wizards.   Still keeps quarantining that file.  I then updated the file to increase the byte size and rinse and repeated the above steps and the file keeps being quarantined.  Any idea how to resolve so I can turn the Autorestore back on without excluding that file?

Thanks in advance – Geoff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Geoff – What is different about the file that is being quarantined?  Is the file being dynamically updated by something on your website?  ie is something trying to automatically write to that file? What is the filename and extension of that file?

Geoff
    Participant

The file is the same as the other four. I have not had issues in the past when I update and upload them with the proper protocol.

It is a static file.
    Nothing being writes to the file
    BodyTagErrorMsgs.inc.php

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Geoff – So what happens when you use the Restore File feature in Quarantine?  Does the file still get quarantined again?

Geoff
    Participant

It still gets quarantined.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Geoff – Hmm very odd.  Not really sure why.  If you want me to figure this out then send me a WordPress Administrator login to this website to check things out.  Send the login info to: info at ait-pro dot com

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Geoff – This was a very complex issue.  This file:  BodyTagErrorMsgs.inc.php did not have a php closing tag: ?> in it, which is actually considered ok and even preferable in some cases where white space or header errors occur.  For whatever reason ARQ cannot handle this Added-File when a closing php tag is not in the file.  Note:  The file is an AutoRestore Added-File that has been added using the AutoRestore Add Folders & Files tool.

Check to make sure that everything is working correctly with this file and the other dependent scripts that rely on or use this file.  Let me know if everything is working ok or not.

Geoff
    Participant

Thank you! Fixed

Geoff
    Participant

Besides adding it to the exclude list, what can I do for that file to keep getting quarantined? I updated the code and also added a closing tag to see if they helped. It did not.  Any idea?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Geoff – It was working fine for me when I added a php closing tag.  What has changed?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.