AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can safely manually delete all folders under the /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine folder (root-files, wp-content, etc). AutoRestore|Quarantine will automatically create new folders (root-files, wp-content, etc) if/when another file is quarantined in the future.

Firstly, Happy New Year to you and I hope it’s a good one.

I purchased the Pro version of a theme but could not load the zip file which was 12mb, more than the site setup. I decided to FTP the folder contents then copied them to the Themes folder, but forgot to turn ARQ off, so they ended up being quarantined.

No matter what I did they got consistently quarantined, so I deleted the theme folder, but the quarantine page now shows 115195 files, takes forever to load and times out when I try to delete the files.

The bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/themes is where I believe the quarantined files should live, but there is nothing there for the theme I uploaded (customizr-pro). I assume the list of files must be in a table somewhere.

I would like to back out of the “mess” and clear the quarantine list and count but I’m not sure how to do that.

Then to re-copy the theme into place with ARQ turned off and run the Setup Wizard, which I assume is the simplest way of ensuring the correct folders are setup.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tony Payne
    Participant

Thanks very much.

Casey Lee
    Participant

Hi, I have gotten the same quarantine alert every 10-20 minutes for the past few days. I have BPS Pro. Please help.

[BPS Pro 16.2: wp-content File AutoRestore Logged: January 12, 2022 2:40 pm]
    Quarantined Filename: 5c1a1c93c9c9b6596f79770efae6af8e-mc.log
    Quarantine Path: /home/customer/www/rootedheartscounseling.com/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/mc_data/5c1a1c93c9c9b6596f79770efae6af8e-mc.log
    Restore Path: /home/customer/www/rootedheartscounseling.com/public_html/wp-content/mc_data/5c1a1c93c9c9b6596f79770efae6af8e-mc.log

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey Lee – Click the link below for steps to create a wp-content folder exclude rule for the /mc_data/ folder using the Exclude Folders|Files Form at the top of the Quarantine page.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey Lee – Do these steps instead.  Restore all the mc_data files in Quarantine.  Go to the Setup Wizard page.  Run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.  An mc_data folder exclude rule will be created by running the Setup Wizard.

Casey Lee
    Participant

Thanks. I restored all the mc_data files and also created a wp-content folder exclude rule for /mc_data

Seems like working so far. Do I till need to do the setup wizard? Would all the other wp-content folder exclude rules I have already entered be deleted if I do the setup wizard?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey Lee – There are several known folders that are automatically excluded by running the Setup Wizard, but since you have already created a wp-content folder exclude rule for the mc_data folder then you don’t need to run the Setup Wizard. The Setup Wizard does not remove or change any existing saved option settings.

Casey Lee
    Participant

Ok, thank so much!

Casey Lee
    Participant

I’m getting a repeat of autorestore/quarantine of these files repeatedly. What should I do?

https://www.rootedheartscounseling.com/

File: /home/customer/www/rootedheartscounseling.com/public_html/wp-config.php — Quarantine Time: 2022-01-19 14:52:10
    File: /home/customer/www/rootedheartscounseling.com/public_html/.htaccess — Quarantine Time: 2022-01-19 14:52:10
    File: /home/customer/www/rootedheartscounseling.com/public_html/bv_connector_43d32527e1bbd2a3aef9d55b40c27f28.php — Quarantine Time: 2022-01-07 05:55:15
    File: /home/customer/www/rootedheartscounseling.com/public_html/malcare-waf.php —

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey Lee – Most likely these files are being quarantined due to a technical issue, but send me a WordPress Administrator login to this site. So that I can check to make sure the files are not being maliciously tampered with. Send the login to: info at ait-pro dot com.

tnow
    Participant

I have been spending hours trying to figured out why every time I upload files through my control panel file manager it keeps getting deleted. I finally found out after hours and hours. BPS kept quarantining those files and it’s not easy to whitelist or exclude 30 plus files in root directory.

Is there a way I can disable this feature? I don’t want to have to do this every time, especially 30+ plus files. That’s a lot of work.

I think you should add a feature giving us an option to checked files that we want to exclude during the restore process. That would make this whole thing less painful.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ tnow – Use the AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Procedural Steps when manually editing or uploading files or restoring files.

AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Procedural Steps
    AutoRestore|Quarantine (ARQ IDPS) is a real-time file monitor/scanner on steroids that monitors all of your website files for any changes. All WP Core, Plugin & Theme Shiny, Manual, Bulk & Automatic Updates & Installations done from your WP Dashboard are completely automated by AutoRestore Automation (all files are automatically backed up to AutoRestore backup).  When manually uploading or modifying files or folders with FTP or your web host control panel File Manager use these simple procedural steps to avoid having those files autorestored and/or quarantined. If files are sent to Quarantine then use the Restore File option in Quarantine to restore those files. ARQ is amazing, but it cannot tell who you are if you are manually modifying or uploading files or folders outside of your WordPress Dashboard – that is not possible.

1. Turn AutoRestore Off on the AutoRestore page.
    Note: Alternative method to Turn AutoRestore Off: Go to the WordPress Plugins page > click the Must-Use link at the top of the page > click the BPS Pro MU Tools Turn Off AutoRestore link
    2. Manually upload files or manually modify/edit files or folders.
    3. Click the appropriate AutoRestore Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button or run the Setup Wizards.
    4. Turn AutoRestore back On.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.