How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Hello, I began receiving this error on the 23/01. It’s across all domains that run BPS Pro 12.6.1

PHP Warning:  filesize(): stat failed for .../wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt in ..../wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/zip-email-cron-functions.php on line 103

I’ve looked at line 103 in the zip-email-cron-functions (for one of the sites), but don’t really know why the warning is being triggered?

Cheers

Tina

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Tina Dubinsky – Most likely the error is caused by a folder or file permission problem.  Go to the BPS System Info page and check the folder permissions for this folder:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/.  Also use FTP and check the file permissions for this file:  http_error_log.txt.  Also check that the Script Owner User ID (UID) and File Owner User ID are the same for all of your folders listed in the System Info file|folder permissions table.

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Hi AITpro Admin,

The problem was occurring across five domains on a shared server. I’ve looked at all the above suggestions and the folder permissions and user IDs are set to the recommended permissions on all five domains and the file permission is chmodded to 0644.

The problem began the same day the update to 4.7.2 ran according to my logs. I did a few other plugin updates around this time as well and a few more updates yesterday. I stopped getting the error message on two domains last night where I updated a couple of plugins and manually reran the setup script. I also removed a plugin which I wasn’t using on one site which I felt was acting suspiciously by asking me to download paid addons that I had no subscription to use.

[ I am not sure if this is related but, I’ve also been getting the auto restore automation error on four of the sites after upgrading plugins on multiple occasions. This message appears when I have already disabled auto restore before updating and also when I just run it without disabling auto restore first. I think this message appeared again when updating plugins sometime around the update to 4.7? I generally ignore this error, as I am used to manually running the setup process after updating plugins anyway for peace of mind. The only site the auto restore message doesn’t appear on has the .htaccess file chmoded to 404. My hosting company has a script that automatically changes this to 604, but for some reason it hasn’t with this subdomain and has left the htaccess as 404. ]

Anyway for now the php error message appears to have stopped across all five websites. I’ve just finished updating plugins on the other three subdomains and reran the setup process across all sites. I will keep you posted if it returns.

Cheers

-Tina

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Hi,

The error returned on two of five websites.

[06-Feb-2017 00:40:27 UTC] PHP Warning: filesize(): stat failed for.../wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt in .../wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/zip-email-cron-functions.php on line 103
    [06-Feb-2017 00:40:27 UTC] PHP Warning: filesize(): stat failed for ..../wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt in .../wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/zip-email-cron-functions.php on line 114

Cheers

tina

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Tina Dubinsky – Ok well not really sure what could be causing that, but maybe it is some intermittent server hiccup/connectivity problem?  In any case, if these errors are only occurring intermittently and everything is working fine regarding your Security Log then you can just disregard these php errors.

As of BPS Pro 12.6/12.6.1 you should no longer see the AutoRestore Automation error problem that was occuring in previous versions, unless of course a real problem has occurred.  We did a complete overhaul and rebuild of ARQ Automation in 12.6/12.6.1.  So far no one is experiencing the same accidental AutoRestore Automation bug/error problem anymore.

Qtwix
    Participant

Hi,

FYI: If I’m saving the the site settings > general of a subpage within a Multisie (e.g. site name or time shift), I get the following php error repeated several times in the error log:

[06-Mar-2017 06:34:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /path/to/the/wp/installation/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/login-security.php on line 56

As it is just a warning, I guess, I don’t have to care, but as it seams to be related to BPS Pro, I decided to post it here.

Best regards

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Qtwix – Thanks for reporting this.  We will do some testing to see if something needs to be changed or fixed.  If the php errors are not occurring repeatedly then nothing else needs to be done by you.

Qtwix
    Participant

Hi,

Did you already discovered anything about the issue I described last week? Meanwhile I got a bit concerned about it, as I stepped forwards and installed BPS Pro on several (also productive) sites whereas it’s the same warning on all the sites. In addition I figured out, that the warning also appears with every saving on a sub-site, independently what kind of form I’m saving (wp settings, user profile, edited page, edited post…). But the warning does not appear when I’m saving some setting, page or post on the main site in WPMU network…

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Qtwix – Thanks for reminding us about this.  Testing will be completed today and results will be posted after testing is completed.  What type of Network site is this:  subdirectory or subdomain?  Is this a standard WordPress multisite/network site type or is it the older WPMU site type?  Is there anything unusual/different about your Network site?  No one has ever reported these php errors before so I assume something is different about your particular Network site.

Qtwix
    Participant

I have an up-to-date WordPress multisite network which is based on sub-domains, nothing special I guess. You were logged in last week about the MIME type issue with .js files. The productive multisite networks have exactly the same setup, just running mapped individual domains. However all the sites get the same php warnings. I already excluded other plugins as the cause by deactivating them. Just let me know if you want to have another look on the website, I’ll send you the login details again…
    P.S. I currently have another issue posted, maybe they have something to do with each other:
    https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/post-request-protection-post-attack-protection-post-request-blocker/page/2/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Qtwix – Hmm yeah I’m starting to wonder if this is another configuration problem with your host server. 😉  Yep, send me the login information to this site again since we don’t keep anyone’s login information stored anywhere for security reasons.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Qtwix – Actually try this first > Go to the Setup Wizard Options tab page > click the Save Network LSM Options Sitewide button and click the Save Network JTC Options Sitewide button> test saving any settings that are causing php errors and let me know if the php errors are still occurring or not.

Qtwix
    Participant

After clicking the button I get:

Site: 1 LSM DB Options created or updated Successfully!
    Site: 2 LSM DB Options created or updated Successfully!

and

Site: 1 JTC DB Options created or updated Successfully!
    Site: 2 JTC DB Options created or updated Successfully!

The issue ist still present.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Qtwix – Yeah ok well it was worth a try.  Most likely this is another server misconfiguration/fubar problem with your Host.  Send me the login info to this site and I will see if there is anything that can be done at the website level.  I’m starting to think you may need to escalate all of these problems with your Host Support and get someone who knows what they are doing to find out what is wrong with your server. 😉

Overall you have several problems occurring on your server that I have never seen before – they are not normal and definitely indicate there is something very wrong with your server.  So logically I have to assume that your server is just simply fubar.  😉  Also the problems that are occurring are “obvious” problems so you have to wonder what else is fubar too with your server that is not obvious. 😉

Misael Ribeiro
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi,

I updated my woocommerce to 3.0 yesterday and receveid this PHP Error today.

[BPS Pro htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log]

[05-Apr-2017 12:03:19 UTC] The get_product function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with wc_get_product.
    [05-Apr-2017 12:03:19 UTC] The WC_Product::get_gallery_attachment_ids function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with WC_Product::get_gallery_image_ids.
    [05-Apr-2017 12:03:19 UTC] The WC_Product::get_gallery_attachment_ids function is deprecated since version 3.0. Replace with WC_Product::get_gallery_image_ids.

I am really lost. I started a woocommerce about 3 weeks ago and this whole world is new for me. I don’t know if this PHP error is a BPS Pro problem/conflict or something else. Can someone help me?

I’m running flatsome theme, if its helps.

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advanced.

Misael Colleta Ribeiro

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.