How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How To Troubleshoot PHP Errors, php errors in your php error log

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Misael – A deprecated function PHP error just means that a particular function is scheduled for removal eventually, but will still work currently.  I’m sure WooCommerce is already aware of the functions that are deprecated and are planning to change these functions at some point, but send these php errors to WooCommerce just in case.  See the beginning of this forum topic for help information about what the BPS Pro PHP error log logs and how to handle and troubleshoot PHP errors in general.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

One one of my GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites, the PHP error log is so large the contents of the file won’t even load. It’s currently 520317.37 KB and I’d like to see what’s in the error log. Is there another way of seeing the contents of my current php error log file, other than going to P-Security > PHP Error Log?

I’d also like to know the same for the Security Log. Is there any way to see the contents of the current security log file, other than just going to the Security Log area in BPS Pro?

Thanks so much!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Living Miracles – You can download all log files using FTP from this folder:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks. Is it the “PHP-Error-log.zip” and “security-log.zip” files?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Living Miracles – Go ahead and delete any zip files that you see in the /logs/ folder. Normally when everything is working correctly the Log file WP Cron Job runs, zips files, emails the zip files and then deletes the zip files.
    bps_php_error.log = PHP Error Log
    http_error_log.txt = Security Log
    autorestore_log.txt = AutoRestore|Quarantine Log
    db_backup_log.txt = DB Backup Log
    db_monitor_log.txt = DB Monitor Log

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks so much! Very clear!

Living Miracles
    Participant

On a side note, and because it seems my posts isn’t going through in the general forum:

I just noticed something strange on another one of my GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites. I checked the /wp-content/bps-backup/logs directory there and the files look pretty odd. Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing: http://i.imgur.com/kCVq9YO.png

Any idea what’s happening here? The many other GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites I managed do not have odd looking files like this one.

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Living Miracles – Either the random filename characters are being created during the zip archiving process (the zip file is given a temporary filename) and something is failing or something else (a plugin or something on the server) is creating those random filenames:  security-log.zip.xxxxxx.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks. Do you feel that there’s any security risk here or can I just delete the odd looking files?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Living Miracles – The most logical explanation is that the log file was too large to zip and the zip failed and those .zip.xxxxxx files are leftover temporary files that did not get automatically deleted during the archiving process.  Looks like the problem started around January.  So go ahead and delete all of those files .zip.xxxxxx files.  If the problem starts happening again at a later time let us know about that and we will see if we can offer some advice.  Go Daddy Managed WordPress hosting is not standard web hosting.  So there are lot of things that only happen on GDMW hosting that do not happen on any of the other 350,000+ web hosts worldwide.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks so much! Sounds great. And yes… quite aware of the “nonstandard” GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting 😉

AW
    Participant

Hi bps,

Read the solution for php error. Seems like i encounter the repeated and frequent php error.
    PHP error as below and repeated every seconds.

[31-May-2017 04:17:04 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate column name 'option_icon' for query ALTER TABLE wp9u_apb_booking_options ADD option_icon varchar(128) DEFAULT NULL AFTER option_desc made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), include_once('/plugins/awebooking/init.php'), require_once('/plugins/awebooking/lib/booking.php'), begin_plugin, APB_Booking::getInstance, APB_Booking::table_exists, database_exits->__construct, database_exits->check_table

I check it out in the SQL and here’s the link of the sql photo
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2im75ar.png
    The website is running fine, and shall i igrnore the php? Or should i delete some item in the SQL photo attached above?

Please advise.

Regards,

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ AW – Contact the AweBooking plugin author and send him/her the php error so they can fix whatever problem is occurring in the AweBooking plugin.

AW
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I chat with hosting, all okay as hosting said.
    I will check it out with awebooking then.
    At the same time, is there a code that i can restrict BPS to skip the check on the issue? Cos it is repeating every few seconds and the log file increase dramatically.
    Please advise on how to whitelist the php error.

Thanks.

Regards,

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ AW – You can turn Off PHP error logging until the AweBooking plugin author can fix the bug/mistake in the AweBooking plugin.  Go to the P-Security page > ini_set Options page > Turn On|Off Log PHP Errors > choose PHP Error Logging Off > click the Save|Enable Options button.  When PHP errors occur in other plugins, themes or code your PHP server and WordPress processes those PHP errors and the BPS PHP Error log simply just logs those PHP errors occurring in other plugins, themes or code.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.