Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all sites but no mismatches

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all sites but no mismatches

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jaiji
    Participant

Hi

I’m getting Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all of my 50 sites, but when I check the System Info page (only checked a few so far) they all match. Any ideas? Can I just dismiss the notice?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I’d like to see your File|Folder Permissions (CGI or DSO)|Script Owner User ID (UID)|File Owner User ID table info for one of your sites.  Either copy and paste that in your forum reply or send it in an email to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Jaiji
    Participant

I’ve worked out what’s wrong with the sites which are showing the notification. The BPS backup folder location for some sites is set to the wrong directory, a leftover from migrating sites to new URLs. I use All In One Migration to move sites which has the option to find/replace URLs. I usually only tell it to replace the full site URL, but, until now, not the server path – I think BPS is the only plugin I use which requires that. I’ve just done a complete BPS reinstall on two of the problematic sites and it’s all good. Sorry to have troubled you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Adding the new Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice check has already paid off. 😉

Note: BPS uses the standard WP constants (ABSPATH, WP_PLUGIN_DIR, WP_CONTENT_DIR) and functions (get_home_path(), wp_upload_dir()) to get folder and file paths, which all other plugins and themes that deal with folder and file paths should also be using.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Today we noticed that we had this same issue on a handful of our sites but we were able to easily and simply resolve this thanks to this forum topic. 🙏🏼

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A few people have run into a problem with the DB backup folder having a different Script|File Owner User ID.  The quickest way to fix this problem is to use the DB Backup > Create Backup Jobs Accordion Tab/button > Rename|Create|Reset Tool.  The Rename|Create|Reset Tool renames the DB Backup folder, which corrects the Script|File Owner User ID problem.  The root cause of the problem occurs when someone does a website move/migration/clone.  I’ll automate a fix for this or add additional help info in the BPS Mismatch Notice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.