Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all sites but no mismatches

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all sites but no mismatches

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Dan – do the steps below.

A few people have run into a problem with the DB backup folder having a different Script|File Owner User ID. The quickest way to fix this problem is to use the DB Backup > Create Backup Jobs Accordion Tab/button > Rename|Create|Reset Tool. The Rename|Create|Reset Tool renames the DB Backup folder, which corrects the Script|File Owner User ID problem. The root cause of the problem occurs when someone does a website move/migration/clone. I’ll automate a fix for this or add additional help info in the BPS Mismatch Notice.

If you have never used the DB Backup feature then create a test manual DB Backup Job with default Backup Job option settings just to get rid of the Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice.

If you unable to create a test manual DB Backup Job then the DB Backup folder is corrupt and needs to be deleted using FTP. A new DB Backup folder will automatically be created by BPS. That should automatically fix this problem.

beatty2020
    Participant

Hi,

When migrating/moving your site you only need to do these things with the BPS Pro plugin: Turn off AutoRestore and deactivate the Plugin Firewall > move/migrate your website. Run the BPS Pro Setup Wizards and turn on the Plugin Firewall.

The step I’d omitted originally was deactivating the Plugin Firewall.  So I deactivated that in addition to the ARQ and the firewall and migrated the db again to a new temp url and it worked!

Except… I had to wade through 10 or 11 errors and address each one. Which took a lot more time to do than installing and running the set-up for a brand new website. Would it be a terrible idea to allow for some kind of re-set for migrating so that the process is more like installing fresh, than removing errors that exist because of new server settings?

Also, the license for using BPS plugin on my clients’ websites is mine, and part of my web maintenance package. If someone decides to go with a new webmaster, how exactly can I extract / remove my settings without causing the site to go through major upheaval? There doesn’t seem to be an uninstall feature. Or is there?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ beatty2020 – Typically you only need to run the Setup Wizard on a new site to correct anything that is different on the new host server or website.  Another approach would be to uninstall BPS Pro on the WordPress Plugins page and install BPS Pro again.

You can deactivate BPS Pro remotely on any sites using the Remove Activation Keys Tool in the BPS Pro download area > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/

Enter your BPS Pro Download-Request Key and click the Remove Activation Keys button. A checkbox form will be displayed that will allow you to remove/delete websites from your BPS Pro account. Example Usages: If you have old websites that no longer exist you can delete them from your BPS Pro account. If you activated BPS Pro on a customer’s website and the customer is no longer your customer you would use this tool to remove that customer’s website from your BPS Pro account. When you delete a website from your BPS Pro account, BPS Pro will no longer be activated for/on that website

beatty2020
    Participant

Another approach would be to uninstall BPS Pro on the WordPress Plugins page and install BPS Pro again.

I tried that on my second migration to a second temp url. Did not work.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you mean by “temp url”.  Is this another phrase for staging site url?  How are you doing the migration?  Are you cloning the site and importing into a new site and database?  Or are you manually copying everything?  If you are manually copying site files to a new web host then you must deactivate and activate all of your plugins or you will see lots of errors.  Even when doing an entire clone (files and database) you typically have to deactivate and activate all plugins.  The reason for that is if any plugins are storing file paths in your database then the file paths will be for your old host and not your new host. Deactivating and activating plugins will reset/update all host file paths.  For BPS Pro you would just need to run the Setup Wizards on the new site/host to update everything for the new site/host.

beatty2020
    Participant

Sorry – I referred in my first post here (somewhere here) of late in a forum saying that I had to manually migrate files over to a temporary url.

I needed to check the migration, the files, everything first before making the site live on a new server. So I opted to make a temporary url on the new web hosting company first.

When I did all this, I also used WP Migrate Pro to move just the database over. This plugin finds and replaces any instance of the old domain name / url to the new one, in this case the temporary url provided by the new server, new company.

The site with the temporary url loaded correctly and then and then it turned into something I didn’t recognize.

The Migration plugin does not require me to disable the plugins; has not required it for the ~99 websites I used the plugin in order to successfully migrate.

The original temporary url functioned ok and then it did not. If you go to this temp #1, you’ll see it trying to download a file, rather than let you see the migrated website.

So — then I saw another response to my queries here that told me the basic steps for migration. I already had AutoRestore turned off. Then I turned off the Firewall, and made the migration to temporary url #2, using the WP Migrate Pro plugin.

After migration, it seemed to work, but in the admin dashboard I saw about 10 or 11 errors blaring in red. I systematically addressed each one. Cleared that all out. The site loaded and looked fine. I kept the AutoRestore turned off, I did not turn the firewall back on. Why? I was going to take this website at temporary url #2 and rename it to the correct domain name.

That all worked. But I did see an error message from BPS nonetheless. I changed some settings for other functionality. I talked with the new web host to confirm the functionality worked (it did). And then I set to address the problem notification by BPS.

I didn’t take a screenshot of this error but if memory serves it was this one: Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice

So, I ran the Setup Wizard…….and guess what. The bloody site is now? not working. It downloads a file just like temporary url #1 does.

I’m in big trouble now with this client because your plugin is interfering with a very basic migration.

At this point I’m at a loss. I am so upset I can’t even … The setup Wizard screen is still open and the Processing status bar is.. still processing which is how I knew I’d just trashed the very good very fine website.

I need immediate help please advise.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ beatty2020 – Web hosts may have different server configuration files and code. The problem you are describing is that your old host used different php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file or your new host requires php.ini handler code or….

@ beatty2020 – If files are being downloaded instead of being processed that problem is caused by missing or invalid php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file.  See the steps below to fix that problem. When migrating/moving your site you only need to do these things with the BPS Pro plugin: Turn off AutoRestore and deactivate the Plugin Firewall > move/migrate your website. Run the BPS Pro Setup Wizards and turn on the Plugin Firewall.

Delete the BPS root htaccess file
    Resave your php version in your control panel (MultiPHP tool). This will either create a new root htaccess file with php.ini handler htaccess code in it or it won’t create any php.ini handler htaccess code.
    If you see php.ini handler htaccess code in your Root htaccess file then copy it to the BPS Root Custom Code text box #1. Important: Delete any existing old php.ini handler code that is in text box #1.
    If you do not see any php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file then delete any php.ini handler htaccess code that you see in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1.
    Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ beatty2020 – If you would like for me to figure out what your new host server has or does not have then I need a web host control panel login and a WordPress Administrator login to one of your sites on this new host server.  Send that info to: info@ait-pro.com.  I will then send you detailed instructions on what you need to do or not do on your new host server.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Looks like you have SiteGround hosting. They do not use cPanel and have a custom (proprietary) web host tools thing.  You would need to use the SiteGround PHP Manager tool to change or resave your php server version > https://us.siteground.com/kb/what-is-managed-php/#:~:text=To%20check%20if%20your%20Managed,icon%20%E2%80%9CChange%20PHP%20version.%E2%80%9D

beatty2020
    Participant

Do you want me to just go in and re-save the current php version in siteground? That’s easy enough to do….

beatty2020
    Participant

OK I did just that. Took 5 seconds, tops. Then I went to the settings for “Speed” and cleared caches.

It’s now working!

Thank you!

I’m adding this to my to-do list when migrating a site that is using BPS Pro.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Make sure you do all the steps or the problem will most likely return.

Delete the BPS root htaccess file
    Resave your php version in your control panel (MultiPHP tool). This will either create a new root htaccess file with php.ini handler htaccess code in it or it won’t create any php.ini handler htaccess code.
    If you see php.ini handler htaccess code in your Root htaccess file then copy it to the BPS Root Custom Code text box #1. Important: Delete any existing old php.ini handler code that is in text box #1.
    If you do not see any php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file then delete any php.ini handler htaccess code that you see in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1.
    Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again

beatty2020
    Participant

I’m not sure where to go to delete the BPS root htaccess file. I’m locked out of logging in to the site, so checking it via ftp in the BPS folder..shows no htaccess file. I’m about to reset the php version from siteground dashboard. But once I do that, where would I find that htaccess file?

beatty2020
    Participant

I can’t log in to the wp-admin dashboard. I purged the cache 2x after resetting the php version 2x. I can view at least the home page from my browser.

There is an htaccess file in the plugins folder that looks like it’s been set up by BPS. Do I delete that? If I delete it using ftp, won’t there be some kind of problem since I’m not doing it from the dashboard?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The root htaccess file will be in your WordPress installation folder (same folder where the wp-config.php file is).  If you already deleted the root htaccess file then it will not be there.  Don’t forget to check this BPS Root Custom Code text box:  1. CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE for any old php.ini htaccess code.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.