Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all sites but no mismatches

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice on all sites but no mismatches

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Sledge
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. I am contemplating to purchase the Pro license. Would there be any additional impact on the BPS Pro plugin functionality because the mu-plugins directory is not accessible?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Sledge – There is 1 additional option in BPS Pro for the MU Tools plugin and that is an AutoRestore Turn On|Off option.  It is only used in cases where someone migrated a website and forgot to turn Off AutoRestore in their site backup file.  You can accomplish the same thing just by renaming the BPS Pro plugin folder which deactivates the BPS Pro plugin and turns AutoRestore Off.

Lisa
    Participant

Hi. I’m seeing this message on our site: Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice
    You have different Script or File Owner User ID’s for this folder or file: All Script and File Owner User ID’s must be the same in order for BPS and other things to function normally.

The site is marinmehc.org

I’d appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks!

Lisa

Jaiji
    Participant

Check the 6th post on page 1 of this very thread, it explains what you need to do. https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/scriptfile-owner-user-id-mismatch-notice-on-all-sites-but-no-mismatches/#post-40893

Kaitlin
    Participant

Hello, I’ve recently taken on the role of webmaster for an organization’s website.  I’m trying to sort through all the dashboard notifications and error messages, and one of the ones I am getting is the “Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice.”  The message directs me to post here to get it fixed.  What do I need to do?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A few people have run into a problem with the DB backup folder having a different Script|File Owner User ID.  The quickest way to fix this problem is to use the DB Backup > Create Backup Jobs Accordion Tab/button > Rename|Create|Reset Tool.  The Rename|Create|Reset Tool renames the DB Backup folder, which corrects the Script|File Owner User ID problem.  The root cause of the problem occurs when someone does a website move/migration/clone.  I’ll automate a fix for this or add additional help info in the BPS Mismatch Notice.

If you have never used the DB Backup feature then create a test manual DB Backup Job with default Backup Job option settings just to get rid of the Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice.

If you unable to create a test manual DB Backup Job then the DB Backup folder is corrupt and needs to be deleted using FTP. A new DB Backup folder will automatically be created by BPS. That should automatically fix this problem.

beatty2020
    Participant

I migrated a site from its domain name on host #1 to a temporary url on host #2.

I turned Autorestore to Off.

ARQ Cron Override to Off.

Then I manually installed a bunch of files including uploading Bulletproof Security on the temp website #2.

Got a whole slew of warnings and alerts, none of which will allow me to click anything (all the links that say “Click here to do X”).

I’ve had such trouble migrating this site already due to host #1 being such a crap company that this Bulletproof stuff – is great wow the protection – but I’m brain dead to solve.

Also please note that once I successfully migrate the site over to a temp url, I will then change the url to the correct one, which right now is on old site server #1.

Please help!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ beatty2020- When anything changes with the website URL you have to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key.  Go to the BPS Pro Setup menu > Activation page > request a new Activation key.

Also take a look at this forum topic > AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying files > http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

beatty2020
    Participant

OK I did that. I got a new Activation key, entered it in, and now the temp url site is behaving badly. When I go to the url, my browser tries to download a file. No website appears.

I checked via ftp to see if I was imagining things last night – and the files are all there.

What is the procedure for migrating an entire site from old host to new host? I want to be able to use plugins to do that rather than uploading stuff via the Admin dashboard and via ftp. Siteground has a migrator plugin. And I also use WP Migrate Pro. Neither of them worked the way they usually work. So clearly I’ve missed something on the very detailed instructions for moving a site that has BulletProof. I just can’t figure that out because I’m trying to troubleshoot other errors not related to the migration.

Can you please offer a different suggestion than giving me the link?

James
    Participant

I moved my site to different IP and I’m now seeing this error message.  Please advise the recommended action.  Thank you

Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice
    You have different Script or File Owner User ID’s for this folder or file: All Script and File Owner User ID’s must be the same in order for BPS and other things to function normally.
    For help fixing this problem, please post a new reply in this forum topic: Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Forum Topic
    To Dismiss this Notice click the Dismiss Notice button below. To Reset Dismiss Notices click the Reset|Recheck Dismiss Notices button on the Alerts|Logs|Email Options page.

beatty2020
    Participant

I can’t even view the admin dashboard for a temp url I set up and manually migrated all website files to.

beatty2020
    Participant

I am unable to view the admin dashboard for my problem url (a temporary url).

And I am not getting the help I need wrt to Bulletproof security plugin. Therefore I would like to start from scratch and migrate a version of a live site over to a temp url.

Live site uses old host.

Temp url uses new host.

I have migrated maybe 100 different websites to various live servers and have never had a problem like the one I am experiencing with this url which I believe is related to the Bulletproof plugin. Last night I migrated the site over manually, slowly, and experienced all kinds of trouble on the Bulletproof page. When I ran through the setup Wizard that’s when the site went bonkers (technical term…bonkers). Go to this temp url and see what the site now does as a result of the Wizard: sarahp56.sg-host.com 

There must be something that I am missing, but I can’t see it.

I am happy to give you temp admin access to the live site if that would help. You can’t do anything on the temp site, obv.

Can you please advise at your earliest convenience.

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ beatty2020 – If files are being downloaded instead of being processed that problem is caused by missing or invalid php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file.  See the steps below to fix that problem. When migrating/moving your site you only need to do these things with the BPS Pro plugin: Turn off AutoRestore and deactivate the Plugin Firewall > move/migrate your website. Run the BPS Pro Setup Wizards and turn on the Plugin Firewall.

Delete the BPS root htaccess file
    Resave your php version in your control panel (MultiPHP tool). This will either create a new root htaccess file with php.ini handler htaccess code in it or it won’t create any php.ini handler htaccess code.
    If you see php.ini handler htaccess code in your Root htaccess file then copy it to the BPS Root Custom Code text box #1. Important: Delete any existing old php.ini handler code that is in text box #1.
    If you do not see any php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file then delete any php.ini handler htaccess code that you see in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1.
    Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ James – do the steps below.

A few people have run into a problem with the DB backup folder having a different Script|File Owner User ID.  The quickest way to fix this problem is to use the DB Backup > Create Backup Jobs Accordion Tab/button > Rename|Create|Reset Tool.  The Rename|Create|Reset Tool renames the DB Backup folder, which corrects the Script|File Owner User ID problem.  The root cause of the problem occurs when someone does a website move/migration/clone.  I’ll automate a fix for this or add additional help info in the BPS Mismatch Notice.

If you have never used the DB Backup feature then create a test manual DB Backup Job with default Backup Job option settings just to get rid of the Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Notice.

If you unable to create a test manual DB Backup Job then the DB Backup folder is corrupt and needs to be deleted using FTP. A new DB Backup folder will automatically be created by BPS. That should automatically fix this problem.

Dan
    Participant

I am getting error “You have different Script or File Owner User ID’s for this folder or file: All Script and File Owner User ID’s must be the same in order for BPS and other things to function normally.
    For help fixing this problem, please post a new reply in this forum topic: Script|File Owner User ID Mismatch Forum Topic”

This is my reply and my request for assistance with this problem.  Need step by step instructions.  Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.